Im new to the BB. i've had it for 3 days. so after hearing about ... General Blackberry forum

bbcurve5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20887fee

Question question about Tethering(not how to)

Advertisement

Im new to the BB. i've had it for 3 days. so after hearing about using the BB as a modem I gave it a try today after calling CC(tmobile) and they walked me through it. I must say i'm impress, this thing goes faster than my dail-up. 177kbps whatever that means.

question: when surfing the web are the pages and cache information stored on my cellphone or my PC??? because I heard after using Tethering you need to delete memory off you memory card to make your BB run smoother. what do I delete??

keizerjrr no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Great question..... will watch for the answer.

I am a curve owner on AT&T and travel a fair amount with my laptop for work... Some times I am in an area where I have no WiFi access and I have tried tethering and yet have been unsuccessful in connecting.... still can't figure it out. Maybe I will get some help whatching here.

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If you are on att you must add the capability asa service~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcurve5 View Post
    Im new to the BB. i've had it for 3 days. so after hearing about using the BB as a modem I gave it a try today after calling CC(tmobile) and they walked me through it. I must say i'm impress, this thing goes faster than my dail-up. 177kbps whatever that means.

question: when surfing the web are the pages and cache information stored on my cellphone or my PC??? because I heard after using Tethering you need to delete memory off you memory card to make your BB run smoother. what do I delete??

It is stored on your PC -- the BB is just a modem, a communication channel.

I'm using mine for tethering without a memory card at all. It seems unlikely that a card would affect tethering.