Hi guys I have 2 blackberries(curve and 8703e) and I am using one desktop computer, ... General Blackberry forum

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

question about sync

Advertisement

Hi guys

I have 2 blackberries(curve and 8703e) and I am using one desktop computer, can we sync our bb without mixing up the address books and all other stuff, keep 2 bb seperate on the dekstop.

Thanks

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    You can sync multiple BB's on one PC as long as the OS is installed on the PC for each device. Otherwise you will not be able to load apps and themes. The DM will know the difference between each BB and will only use the OS for that device.

As far as syncing the BB, if you sync with Outlook it will duplicate the contacts, calendar and such since that is the same app.

I have a Curve and my wife has the 8130 and both sync with the same PC.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well the curve has one OS and the 8703e has another, but there is only one desktop manager. Can you please explain how to sync each bb seperatly? Longs as we don't sync outlook it will good?

Each BB when hooked up to the DM will need the sync settings added. I am not sure but you can try this, create a new user in Outlook (new profile) and add a couple contacts. Set up the sync settings in DM for one of the BB's and see if you can choose the new profile when adding. That may let you do both.

I sync two BB's one one PC but with only one Outlook profile so I have not tried the above example.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you, can I sync with yahoo or anyother email services?

I don't see why not. As long as each syncs with a different app (or profile) they should not interfere with each other. Just set up the sync settings in DM when the desired device is connected.