I have two questions about the AIM client supported by (available on RIM's site) RIM ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Question about RIM's AIM client

Advertisement

I have two questions about the AIM client supported by (available on RIM's site) RIM and pre-loaded on the Sprint 8830. Firstly, I beleive this version uses my corporate BES for internet access. If so, does this mean that my company can read/view my IM messages? Secondly, and this is more of a technical issue, whenever I run the RIM AIM client only one (yes 1!) buddy shows up on my buddy list. This happens even when 20+ buddies are online, and if I run another AIM client I can see them all. Any ideas??

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Question about RIM's AIM client

Can your company monitor your usage through BES? Its always best to assume "Yes". Not all of them do, but that doesn't mean they don't have the capability.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

I understand that, however since this is an application running through the BES (not just email) can they actually read the IM's if they want to?

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

im having problems with my aim client also i will notice i have to add people more then once or they can see me and i cant see them hope rim fixes this

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B

I have the AIM application installed on my 7520. The problem I have with it is the power consumption. If I turn it on it will drain the battery in a few hours. The yahoo messenger app I keep on al the time and do not get an extreme power drain.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Any further thoughts? Does the RIM version of AIM that comes installed on my BB allow my company to read my IM's? Should I switch to Jive or one of the other AIM apps? Does the RIM AIM really go through my BES for connectivity?

Bump!

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

They can read all the messages they want if you have a bes account, but not if you only have bis. Like its been said only if they want to.
    As for the BB messenger contacks disappearing, does it happen all the time or just on some occasions? I've never had a problem like that b4
    ~posted via opera mini~

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone experience AIM being very unreliable on the BB? I have many experiences where I am chatting with someone then all of a sudden I receive no further messages from them. It is later confirmed that they were sending me messages (without getting error messages) and I was not receiving them.