I have an 8800 using BES and exchange. I just added my personal email through ... General Blackberry forum

simonmason no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about personal email

Advertisement

I have an 8800 using BES and exchange. I just added my personal email through IMAP. I have a couple of questions about this.

When I delete on the Blackberry does it delete from my inbox in my IMAP account. There is an option for this in the t-mobile setup but I don't see it working.

When I mark as read on the Blackberry or on my personal email does it do the same on the other?

What happens to messages that I file into folders under my IMAP account - where do those show on the Blackberry? I don't see an folder options on the messages in the Blackberry so I assume it is only showing the top-level inbox? Can I file to or read from IMAP folders on the Blackberry?

Does reconcile on the Blackberry update the IMAP or only the BES?

Thanks.

AJBirch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20CD14C1
    I am doing something similar successfully.

I have my BES emails working properly from Domino and have configured my personal email to forward to my bold as well to save the bother of connecting into OWA all the time. The BBY created a second mailbox icon for by personal account and this behaves just the same as my work account. If I delete a personal email on the BBY then it will also get deleted off from my webmail. Don't know if Vodafone configure this differently to T-Mobie though.

So you should be able to reconcile on both accounts.

Alistair

simonmason no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you see the folders of your personal email IMAP account on the Blackberry?

AJBirch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20CD14C1
    No, when I look at folders in my personal mailbox on the BBY it shows me my work folders.