Well, firts of all i have to say, i was search how to view a ... General Blackberry forum

bb7100i_mex no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about PDF on Internet

Advertisement

Well, firts of all i have to say, i was search how to view a PDF File over internet (not an email attachment) in this forum and i dont find nothing.

I want to know if there are a way to view a pdf files over internet, not like an attachment in an email.

i tried some programs like Repligo or MasterDoc but this programs only works with email attachments. And when i tried with BB web browser i get an error, Server 500 or something like that.

thx for your help.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Question about PDF on Internet

If the Adobe Acrobat viewer doesn't display PDF files inside your Web browser as expected, try Solution 1 or update to the latest version of the Acrobat viewer. Some PDF's use security features that may not run in older versions.

If Solution 1 does not work, I would try Solution 2 and make sure that the Acrobat viewer can read the PDF file by downloading it to your hard disk. If these solutions do not fix your problem, try applying one or more of the other solutions listed below.
    Solution 1 - Disable "view in browser" feature

Try disabling the "View In Browser" or "Web Browser Integration" feature in your Adobe Acrobat viewer (for plug-in and standard version). Doing this will force your Acrobat viewer to display PDF outside your browser in a separate window. In most cases this will fix your problem. Shown below is how to disable "Web Browser Integration".

Tech Note: Windows User - Deselecting the "Display in Browser" feature will allow you to open PDF's outside the browser in Netscape, FireFox, Mozilla, and Opera to name a few, but may not work for some users using Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE).

Some IE users have tried to deselect the "Display in Browser" feature and when they tried to open a PDF using MSIE, a second window would open and only show a blank white screen with a small image (image has a white background and includes a little red square, green circle and blue triangle inside it) in the top left corner and nothing else happens. This is because MSIE uses the Acrobat Control for ActiveX to to display PDF documents. Netscape and other compatible browsers use the nppdf32.dll in the plug-in folder to display PDF documents. If this happens when you only deselect the Display in Browser" feature, try deselecting ALL four web browser options and close both your IE browser and Acrobat Reader. Now see if this works...

You can also try upgrading to the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

Solution 2 - Download PDF to hard drive

Make sure that the Acrobat viewer can read the PDF file by downloading it to your hard disk and then viewing it in the browser:

In Netscape Navigator 3.x or later:

1. Right-click (Windows) or hold down the mouse button (Mac OS) on the link to the PDF file, then choose Save Link As from the pop-up menu.
    2. In the Save As dialog box, specify a name and location for the PDF file, and then click Save.
    3. Choose one of the following options to open the PDF file:
    - In Navigator 3.x (Windows/Mac OS) Choose File > Open File.
    - In Navigator 4.x (Windows) Choose File > Open Page > Choose File.
    - In Navigator 4.x (Mac OS) Choose File > Open > Page in Navigator.
    4. If you're using Navigator for Windows, choose either All Files or Acrobat files from the Files Of Type pop-up menu.
    5. Select the PDF file you saved in step 2 and click Open. The Acrobat viewer should open the PDF file inside the browser window.

In Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later:

1. Right-click (Windows) or hold down the mouse button (Mac OS) on the link to the PDF file, and then choose Save Target As from the pop-up menu.
    2. In the Save As dialog box, specify a name and location for the PDF file, and then click Save.
    3. Choose File > Open and click Browse.
    4. Choose All Files from the Files Of Type pop-up menu.
    5. Select the PDF file you saved in step 2 and click Open. The Acrobat viewer should open the PDF file inside the browser window.

bb7100i_mex no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, thx for you Reply but i think i dont explain my problem well.

My problem is, i want to view pdf file on my BlackBerry Curve 8300. I can view them on any PC without a problem but i can not view them on my BlackBerry.

I want to know is thats posible, and how to do that.

Thx for you help.

sorry about that.You will need a third party program to do it. One such program is DocHawk. It lets you view MS Office and PDF files, including files in the new Office 2007 format.

broch no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't think that you can read pdf format on the web
    DocHawk will do the same thing as programs you mentioned: read attachments in a pdf (or MS Office) format, read docs saved on bb, but no browser plugin means that you will encounter browser error.

really? because e office for bb works for me.

broch no está en línea Stack level 2

open this for example without downloading to bb or sending as attachments (because this was not a question and it easy to do): directly inside Browser:
    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf

like this:
    http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?i...efoxpdfia3.png