Hello, About 3 weeks ago, my Myspace APP for blackberry Pearl stopped working. Anytime I ... General Blackberry forum

icwsmokey no está en línea Stack level 1

Question About Myspace APP

Advertisement

Hello,

About 3 weeks ago, my Myspace APP for blackberry Pearl stopped working. Anytime I would open it, it would say there was an error communicating with myspace. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have taken the battery out. Last night I even logged out and signed in under my wife's profile, and it worked fine. But anytime I log in using my login, there is always an error communicating with myspace. All I see is my status, but nothing else. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    are u able to log on it on the pc? also did u try and reset the permissions to default? u have proly done both of them umm

also looks like a few other people are having the same prob could of been myspace and could be still havin a prob
    Last edited by brianjr1988; 01-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.

icwsmokey no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can log onto the PC version just fine. And myspace on my wifes phone and my friends phone have not had any problems. I have not tried resetting the permissions. I will try that and see. Thanks,

PIN/ID
    just ask
    yea proly wont do anything tho its messed cause a few people have had that prob looks like no fix for it to

shapeservices no está en línea Developer

Thumbs up IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messanger

Hi there
    There is an application IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messanger which allows you to chat within MySpace (also within other messangers, including Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, etc)

Give IM+ a try!

Best,
    DoLphin

PIN/ID
    just ask
    would be better for him to use instango or w/e its called cuz its a free AIO so, but proly wont change anything its a prob with his nick/server cause use's same server anyways

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Mine did the same thing. I just had to keep trying and it finally worked. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I have the same problem with my Wife's pearl. Actually, I can't even get it to display an icon to actually launch the application, no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall (I had a thread on it a week or two ago). As of now I've still not been able to resolve the matter. Coincidentially I got her started on facebook and she likes that a whole lot better anyway, which subsided the pain of not having the myspace app.

You can still access their mobile site - m.myspace.com

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I agree with briana1988, you should check the applications permissions, a friend of mine had a similar problem with the myspace app, and once she changed the permission to allow, the problem was fixed.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    yea bro its stupid how they get messed up sometimes but the good thing is u can always reset them all for just for the one app gotta love rim lol

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~This has been happening to me every week or so. Just gets that dang error communicating. I have checked permissions and everything I can think of and turned up empty handed. I have been having to reinstall to regain functionality. I love myspace but their app has a lot to be desired. I still cannot for life of me get the stupid thing to notify me upon new comment or message arrival. I'm pretty close to writing it off as lost cause myself. But your not alone with this issue. Hopefully MS knows about it. :-/

blkdymond no está en línea Stack level 2
    How do you change the permissions because myspace does not show up under application permissions?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Its there. Advan Options- app- myspace...highlight, menu button, edit default permissions.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?