Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows/ had experience with using a headphone audio ... General Blackberry forum

Auror no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Question about headphone adaptors for the Pearl

Advertisement

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows/ had experience with using a headphone audio adaptor that allows you to use standard iPod like 3.5mm headphones on the 2.5mm pearl that do not have a built in microphone. I was wondering:

1.) If you receive a call while listening to music, does the ringtone sound come out of the phone or the headphones?

2.) Do you have to unplug the headphones from the pearl before you are able to talk, or can you just take one earbud out and talk on the phone normally. Or does the call sound go through the headphones as well?

I have been trying to decide if I want to drop the $25 to get the Blackberry headphones with the built-in mic or just get a $5 adaptor and use my iPod headphones. I would really appreciate any thoughts or help.

Thanks

kevinmustang no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20517FAA

Re: Question about headphone adaptors for the Pearl

the ring tune will come out of the headphones . and you will have to answer it buy pressing the button where the mic is.. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmustang
    the ring tune will come out of the headphones . and you will have to answer it buy pressing the button where the mic is.. hope this helps
    Sorry If i didnt make this clear, but my questions were if you were NOT using stereo Headphones with a built in mic like the one Blackberry makes, IE you are using a headphone adopter to plug in regular iPod headphones with no mic.

So does anybody use a headphone adapter to use regular, mic-less, headphones?

kevinmustang no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20517FAA

... yes.. if you are useing the headphones with no mic.. you will either hear the phone ring or beep in the headphones....

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

Why wouldn't you consider the adapter WITH the microphone built in? Its like $15 bucks-American and worth every cent. I owned decent phones and now I can use them with my Pearl.

Even though the adapter is near the phone (at the end of your headphone cord), the microphone pickes up your voice very well. No need to hold the phone/adapter close to your mouth. But you probably should take it out of your pocket.

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

mbarlow - Where might I find one of those adapters you speak of?

kdstegh no está en línea Stack level 2

here is the one I bought to use with an FM transmiter:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=96

works well with any of my headphones as well.

Hey guys thank for all of your help. I think I'm going to go with blackberry's headphone set. As to answer your question Mbarlow, it has been every difficult for me to find headphones for a Cell phone with built a in mic that have the sound quality of traditional headphones like the higher end ones I use with my iPod which I was thinking of using for my pearl. But I think I'm just going to drop the money on BB's headset. Thanks again!