Hello all. I wonder if anyone here has a faster solution for backing up and ... General Blackberry forum

dantes2007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question about backup and restore

Advertisement

Hello all.

I wonder if anyone here has a faster solution for backing up and restore from a Pearl 8100 to a 8700g.

I backed up the pearl contacts and memos using desktop manager, I did not have a problem with the backup, but when I connected the 8700g to desktop manager and try to restore the data the 8700 did not take any contacts or memos, in other words no data was transfered.
    I had to synchronize the Pearl to outlook and after all the contacts and memos were transfered to Outlook I pluged in the 8700g and synchronized it with Outlook, this solution worked but I was wondering if there is another way to do this.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Re: Question about backup and restore

Quote Originally Posted by dantes2007
    Hello all.

I wonder if anyone here has a faster solution for backing up and restore from a Pearl 8100 to a 8700g.

I backed up the pearl contacts and memos using desktop manager, I did not have a problem with the backup, but when I connected the 8700g to desktop manager and try to restore the data the 8700 did not take any contacts or memos, in other words no data was transfered.
    I had to synchronize the Pearl to outlook and after all the contacts and memos were transfered to Outlook I pluged in the 8700g and synchronized it with Outlook, this solution worked but I was wondering if there is another way to do this.

Any advise would be appreciated.
    The first method you tried should have done it, and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't have, other than operator error. Especially since the only thing you tried to transfer was memos and contacts --

Another option is to use Desktop Manager's "Switch Device Wizard", but that will move all of the info over, and not just contacts and memos. But, again, with the 8100 and the 8700 a simple backup/restore should have did it.

dantes2007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Question about backup and restore

Thanks!