Just curious about people's experience with replacement housings and keyboards. I bought a black housing ... General Blackberry forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Quality of replacement parts

Advertisement

Just curious about people's experience with replacement housings and keyboards. I bought a black housing pack, including black keyboard, from one of the scores of vendors selling them on ebay.

The package looks nice - my 8320 decked out all in black. But the keyboard feels ... sloppier ... than the original. The keys seem looser, and those around the center like the G, H, J keys feel mushier.

Wondering if this is normal or did I just get a bum set. If this is the norm when buying these replacement parts, is there a place to buy OEMs from? I've heard a lot of praise for cnn.cn, but I don't want to order a keyboard if it's going to end up feeling the same as the one I got.

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ordered many parts from cnn and they all seem to be oem. Never had an issue. Defintley no mushy keys! Try it out.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks - I'll look into it. These parts look OEM - they don't have that cheap finish or anything like that. Just the keyboard that doesn't feel right.