Hi Guys, I did a search but couldnt find the answer .... I currently have ... General Blackberry forum

kayman no está en línea Stack level 2

Q about Interet Email (duplicating)

Advertisement

Hi Guys, I did a search but couldnt find the answer ....

I currently have 2 emails setup on the BB
    1) Vodafone mobileemail
    2) My work (BB set it up as IMAP)

I also check the work email account (2) on my desktop pc (using outlook and set it to leave a message on server) If i get sent a msg to my work account i get it on both devices fine which is great, however certain emails will come into my outlook inbox twice or sometimes 3 times, not all emails just a few now and then. Any idea why this might be happening and anything I can do to stop it?

Cheers
    K

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yeah if you leave the mail on the server everytime you go get your mail you'll re download it... I'm setting it as not leaving on the server so if I want the mail to go to my device I just let my outlook close and open it when I want them directly to my outlook
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

well my outook is set to download using POP3 where as the BB is set to IMAP, basically im trying to find a way to have emails delivered to my Outlook and BB device (1 copy to each) is this possible?

I rather not use IMAP in my outlook if it can be helped as it then setups a whole new set of folders etc.

If I turn off the Leave message on server in outlook then once outlook downloads a email I believe the BB device wont get it (as its been removed from the server)

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

MikeJ7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did you ever set your work email up on the BIS? If so, log onto your BIS accound and delete your work email. I had the exact same problem, after putting my BB on a BES, I had your exact problem because BES and BIS were both sending the message to my BB.

It is setup on BIS (as in thru the vodafone / blackberry webpage) if thats what you mean?

ohh and today one of the emails came in about 8 times into my outlook grrrrr

MikeJ7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The 8 times is a fluke! Server issue?
    Are you using BB Desktop Redirector? If so, delete the email account that is giving doubles from the BIS server via the web site.
    If you are not using BB Desktop Redirector, is it possible that you have two accounts set up via the BIS server on the web site?
    You may using the Desktop Director and BIS server - in this case you would get two copies of your emails.

I did have BB Desktop Redirector (BBDR) installed but have since disabled the BBDR on my desktop pc. the folder still seem to exist on the phone and havnt worked out how to delete them yet.

I do have 2 accounts in BIS one is @mobilemail.vodafone.com.au and my the other is my work one.

I hardly use the vodafone one and dont get emails thru it really, the work one however gets alot and also gets checked via outlook as well, I seem to receive one copy on my BB but multiple ones in Outlook.

Hope that helps?

on a second note anyone know how i can remove the BBDR folders form the BB? I deleted the service books but when i go to messages and view folders they still show up in there?

Thanks for all your help guys.