I would like to put my tasks in numerical order that I need to do ... General Blackberry forum

midiman77 no está en línea Stack level 1

How to put outlook tasks in # order and sync w/bb

Advertisement

I would like to put my tasks in numerical order that I need to do them and have that order sync with my bb 7290. I use to do it the old fashioned way. I'd write all the tasks I needed to get done on a piece of paper and number them. I'd like to do the same thing in outlook and sync that order with my bb. Or is ther a better program or way to get this done. I've got outlook 2002 and the latest bb OS for the 7290. Thanks.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: How to put outlook tasks in # order and sync w/bb

Here's a rather easy and quick way to take advantage of capabilities the BB already has.

Make sure you have Tasks Options set to sync OTA.

For simple and straight forward lists, put them in order in a new Memo. You can type it out on your desktop in the order you want it, and it will sync with your BB. Once you complete an item, just put a "X" in front of the line, or something else that will make it easier to see what's already been done.

You can also use the task application on the desktop or the BB.

When you enter new tasks, make a number part of the Subject:

1 Call wife
    2 Get Grocery List
    3 Stop at store
    4 Buy groceries
    5 Take groceries home

The above is good for short task lists. Because Micro$oft is defaulted to compare the numerical value of a given number starting with the left most digit and working to the right, if you have more than 10 tasks, they're likely to be numbered in the following order: 1, 10, 11, 2, 3, etc.

For a lot of tasks, you can do something like this:

1a Call wife
    1b Get Grocery List
    1c Stop at store
    1d Buy groceries
    1e Take groceries home..........
    2a ....................
    2b......................
    3a.......................

082007_1A .........make the date part of the task number
    A1 .....................Start with a letter and number 1 - 9, then go to the next letter.

If your task list is more complicated than that, you make want to take a lookie at something like Pocket Day's PocketDay Lists, which allows you to catagorize your items, set alarms, etc.

I hope a few of these will be helpful.

wha2sie no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a 3rd party program that can do this?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Pocket Day Lists mentioned in my response will. If you have deeply nested, complex Task/To Do lists google todo matrix by Rexwireless. It's far more than most folks need though.

If you're just looking for a simple way to put Tasks in order, the ways described work well. Others may have even easier ways they'll share.