This is a good idea...extremely practical. The only downside is to this would be if ... General Blackberry forum

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Put ICE In Your Blackberry

Advertisement

This is a good idea...extremely practical. The only downside is to this would be if you have the "auto-lock" feature of your phone that would require your password to unlock...read further for more information on ICE (In Case of Emergency).

Put ICE Numbers in Your Mobile Phone

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/hughes/hug....x3c8CMprWkz5pToday, I want to encourage you to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to create your ICE cell phone entry.

ICE stands for In Case of Emergency, and doctors are encouraging patients to enter those three letters in front of their emergency contacts' names (for example; ICE—Mom or ICE—Brad), according to the New York Times. The reports says the increasing popularity of cell phones has prompted hospital workers to search through a patient's mobile phone address book for an ICE contact, instead of a wallet.
    Anyone with a cell phone should take advantage of this option. All you have to do is enter the acronym ICE before your designated emergency contact. It's that simple. Labeling your ICE partner is the easy part, choosing one can be a bit tougher.

Here are some tips to keep in mind before choosing your emergency contact. They come from ICEcontactusa.com, which offers paid ICE services:
    1. Make sure your ICE partner has agreed to be your emergency contact. If you're married this is an easy choice, but if you're single, you may want to let your ICE partner know you have chosen them.
    2. Give your ICE partner a list of people he or she should contact on your behalf including your insurance company, work, landlord, and others just in case you have to be out for an extended period of time.
    3. Ask your ICE partner what's the best number to use to reach him or her.
    4. Make sure your ICE partner knows of any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you're currently taking.
    5. If you're under 18, you need to list a parent or guardian who can make life-and-death decisions.
    6. Remember to update your ICE partner every few months. If you're still happy with your ICE partner choice, then send him or her an updated email of all your emergency contacts if any has changed.
    As we all know, even technology is not foolproof, so ICE Contact offers alternative services for individuals, families, and corporations. Annual subscriptions start at $29.99. The service will store your emergency details in its system, and ICE Contact will issue you an ID card to keep in your wallet.
    We hate thinking about these things, but I think that if something as simple as entering three letters before my emergency contact could save my life, why not do it? What do you think?

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Put ICE In Your Blackberry

I have been preaching ICE to all my friends for about a year now. It's the first thing police and emergency workers look for in cell phones.

Great thread UH8ME

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

done!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I just noticed through a search that this topic was posted over a week ago...OOPS!!!

It's still good information to know and more importantly...use!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StarmanDX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B010CC

I just have an emergency contact set up in owner info. My owner info actually says:

(my name)
    REWARD IF RETURNED
    CALL (alternate #)
    ICE: (ICE #)

That's all anyone needs to know should they find it locked.

penk no está en línea Stack level 3

ICE is a great program, but it is still relatively unknown, so spread the word.

also, while a bit harder to manage using a 'berry's high-falutin' Address entries, naming your family contacts by title (mom, dad, sis, bro, etc.) is helpful in emergency situations, and also for recovering a lost handset to its owner.

nocman7300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BE46B

Great idea, since I already have ICE set up in my BB. Everyone should have it in their cell phones.

gunslinger595 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2440f435
    Good info. Thanks
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Some one brought up another version of this at http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/67681-eci.html
    And mentioned for those that lock the BB to put the contact info in your owner info so it shows on the locked screen. A good Idea!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have 2 ICE contacts and am going to add them to my contact information in case my BB is locked and I need help. I have a medical bracelet also and I try to get a new one yearly but the BB is always with me so it's easier.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm going to do that as well. I knew I forgot something...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

fnrthngsnlif no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2444f2d0
    Thanks. This is priceless
    Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it.
    J. Petit Senn

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    My wife and I have used the ICE for a while now. It is a good idea.
    Andy