Well, I've successfully painted a plain black trim and back from cnn a sexy metallic ... General Blackberry forum

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Protective Skin

Advertisement

Well, I've successfully painted a plain black trim and back from cnn a sexy metallic burgundy-red for my Bold... it looks AWESOME... and now I need to protect it from scratches. However, I seem to be running into a problem.

The Zagg IvisibleShield comes with the back, bottom, and screen protection but no sides.
    The BestskinsEver comes with the sides, bottom, and screen protection but no back.

Anyone know of a product that comes with everything? I want the Back, Bottom, Sides, and Screen to be protected! My search is coming up empty handed.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    from the description of this skin one would belive that the sides are included in the protection kit. A very customer service orientated company. If you would like to verify the fact send them an email. You could expect a reply within a day or 2 for sure.
    WEB: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...00-Bold/Detail
    CONTACT: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...contactus/Page

Good luck! Regards,
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I want to turn my Bold BLACK, but I am afraid I might hurt it taking it all apart and putting it back together.

I suppose I could buy someone a coffee at Transcend in exchange for doing the piddly work for me??
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I want to turn my Bold BLACK, but I am afraid I might hurt it taking it all apart and putting it back together.

I suppose I could buy someone a coffee at Transcend in exchange for doing the piddly work for me??

Strong possibility! :P
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

thecircuitbox no está en línea Stack level 2
    That best skin should work, or you can get both of the ones you mentioned and have extra to sell or save for a rainy day. Bestskin is a good choice imo.

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Aha!! However if you mess up or the skin doesn't stick for some crazy reason (like mine did) then Zagg offers life time warranty. I know they cost a little more but trust me if the installation goes haywire on ya then you'll wish you had the coverage. I have one on my Ipod touch, 8320, and Nintendo DS. Trust me when I say this....
    Installation requires LOTS of PATIENTS!!!! There are video's on Zagg's website linked to youtube for simple installment. However no matter which one you choose, neither are as simple as the video's make them out to be. It can be done but like I said before PATIENCE!!!!

Good Luck,
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    from the description of this skin one would belive that the sides are included in the protection kit. A very customer service orientated company. If you would like to verify the fact send them an email. You could expect a reply within a day or 2 for sure.
    WEB: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...00-Bold/Detail
    CONTACT: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...contactus/Page

Good luck! Regards,
    cHAd
    Yeah, the only thing is, it doesn't come with the back, which I really need because I painted it too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post

If a *girl* can do it.......... LMAO Truly, it wasn't all that hard. Just buy the extra parts, paint 'em, and see how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    Aha!! However if you mess up or the skin doesn't stick for some crazy reason (like mine did) then Zagg offers life time warranty. I know they cost a little more but trust me if the installation goes haywire on ya then you'll wish you had the coverage. I have one on my Ipod touch, 8320, and Nintendo DS. Trust me when I say this....
    Installation requires LOTS of PATIENTS!!!! There are video's on Zagg's website linked to youtube for simple installment. However no matter which one you choose, neither are as simple as the video's make them out to be. It can be done but like I said before PATIENCE!!!!

Good Luck,
    Hank
    Hmm... patience is not one of my virtues I'm afraid! I have watched their videos though... looks like a pretty good product, I just wish it came with the protection for the side of the trim!

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    BodyGuardz has sides and back on their Bold skins (if I remember correctly - I didn't apply the back part). Might be something to investigate.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    BodyGuardz has sides and back on their Bold skins (if I remember correctly - I didn't apply the back part). Might be something to investigate.
    JUST what I was looking for... the WHOLE thing!! Are you happy with the quality? I've never heard of Bodyguardz but just took at look at the site and it looks pretty good.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I liked the general fit better than BSE (different pieces for the screen and surrounding bezel rather than one gap-prone piece). Haven't tried Zaggs. Haven't really had it long enough to make a definite determination yet (been about a week and a half or two), but it appears to be of similar materials to the BSE's.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3