This has occured twice this week. End user have Level 1 Message Alerts. Level 1 ... General Blackberry forum

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Profile Conflict?

Advertisement

This has occured twice this week. End user have Level 1 Message Alerts. Level 1 set to Vib+Tone, and regular message set to Vib (just the user's preference). If he has his 8700 configured this way, then messages are received Silently. But, once I make Messages silent the Level 1 Notification works (Vibrate, Vibrate+Tone, etc....however he sets it up).

Attempted to Swap Profiles (Normal, Vibrate, etc) with same end result.

2nd user...8800. Has BIS and BES email coming to device in single message inbox (how he wants it). The problem is that his BIS email does not Vibrate as he has it set up in his Profiles. His Profiles have Messages [Desktop] for BES, and Messages[his personal email address] for BIS. No matter what is changed in the message setup, filters, or profiles his BIS email will not notify him (Vibrate, Ringtone, etc).

Also attempted to Swap Profiles (Normal, Vibrate, etc) with same end result.

I have not seen any Profile Conflicts documented, but wanted to see if anyone else had run into this particular situation. Thanks!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Profile Conflict?

I had no problem on my 8700 setting level 1 messages to be different from regular messages.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Profile Conflict?

Thanks melissaox! This appears like (in both scenarios I described), that the confilict is with our BES config. 8700 running 4.1 and 8800 running 4.2 with same results, so it's not a firmware issue on the device.

Tested on several other units w/ same result. Appreciate your quick response melissaox. If I find out anymore, I'll post the update/resolution here in case anyone else stumbles upon this problem.