Hello all. I'm having a problem with my Curve 8310, so I joined the forum ... General Blackberry forum

Bluesbarrister no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    206C5B81

Probs with Curve 8310

Advertisement

Hello all. I'm having a problem with my Curve 8310, so I joined the forum to get some answers - I know that a forum is the best place to access the combined wisdom of the ages (or is that the aged??).

I got the curve for nada because it wouldn't charge from AC, only from the computer's USB. One of the pins on the mini USB port was broken off.

All the other functions were fine. It synched, and charged from the computer's USB.

I bought a new port and had a techie friend of mine solder it into the M.Board. He had an awful time getting the old one out - thinks it might have been some special sort of solder or something.

When I reassembled it and plugged it into the wallwart, Bingo! The green light came on. Success, thinks I. No so fast, bozo. When I plugged it into the computer, I get the dreaded little yellow box in the lower right of the screen saying: "USB Device Not Recognized ..."

I seems we screwed something up when we changed out the port.

Ideas, anyone?? Does anyone have access to a schematic of the motherboard, or know which of the 5 pins does what?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Does DM recognize it when its connected to the computer (guessing not but worth asking)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Bluesbarrister no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    206C5B81
    Nope, it doesn't.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Maybe here, not sure. Pinout of usb ports on many blackberrys

http://pinouts.ru/PDA/pda_miniusb_pinout.shtml
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~