Hi! New to the PinStack forums, and I'm sure some of you could help me ... General Blackberry forum

Ampersand no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with DE 400 and JL_CMDER

Advertisement

Hi! New to the PinStack forums, and I'm sure some of you could help me out.

Last night I loaded some new apps onto my BlackBerry 7290, and while rebooting it gave me the Device Error 400. I figured immediately this was directly connected with my loading on the new programs.

I did some Google searching, and quickly found out you could completely wipe ( and then reinstall the OS onto ) your BlackBerry.

I figured the sacrifice of having to reload apps and phone numbers was worth having a working BlackBerry.

But now, I am trying to install JL_CMDER, and after it says this will install JL_CMDER on my computer, would I like to continue, I click yes and an MS-Prompt window pops up with this text:
    Code:
    Specified COMMAND search directory bad
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\RarSFX0>
    Any help would be appreciated, I'm dying without my BlackBerry!

---Ampersand

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't think you have to use JL CMDR for this. You didn't upgrade the OS etc.

Try a battery pull first and see if the problem persists.

If it does, then connect your 7290 to your PC and launch Desktop Manager.

You should be able to delete or remove any applications you installed Over The Air (OTA)

I didn't upgrade the OS?

Actually I did just about a week and a half ago, upgraded as high as 7290 can go as of now ( 4.1, I believe )

EDIT:
    Note that even though I did upgrade OS, that is not the problem, because the problem did not occur til last night, after loading new apps.

Battery pull and a reset ( Alt, Cap, Del ). Problem persists, happens no matter what at startup. About 10-20 seconds into the hourglass.

I can't connect the BB to the desktop manager, as the OS can't even be booted up. Unless there is a way to do this without the BB being on, or started up, etc.

Thanks though!
    Last edited by Ampersand; 12-24-2008 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Elaborating on given info

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and click on the loader exacutable and see if this allows you PC to recognize your device. If not we will go from there. Also when installing jl_ are you doing so as the PC admin?

I am doing so as the Admin.

Also, I cannot find the folders you are speaking of, but I'll look again...

EDIT:
    Nevermind, found it... It started up looking for where it was connected, found USB PIN - UNKNOWN and is now detecting it, I believe... I'll update in a minute.
    Last edited by Ampersand; 12-24-2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Updating info...

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! App loader opened up and read my device, I'll get rid of all apps now, and add them one by one to find out which was the problem, right?

EDIT:
    Cool! When I hit next after selecting which apps I want, it said it will wipe the device of applications, wipe OS, reinstall OS, reinstall apps.

Thanks so much! I'll let you know if it's fixed for good once it's reloaded.
    Last edited by Ampersand; 12-24-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Update on info

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok just to be sure. Have you downloaded and installed the OS to your PC? If so if it was not from your carrier have you deleted the vendor.xml from the c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader. The vendor.xml should be the last file in folder.

If you have done all of that and still are having no luck I would ask what version of DM you are using.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Cool hope this solves it for you. Post back if you figure out what caused it.

Yeah, I've loaded this OS onto the BlackBerry before, and worked fine. It's from my carrier, so I do not think I need to mess with it at all.

Ok, I believe this is what I want... a 507 error? Circle with a line across, little window picture with shapes in it? I read that if you can get to the 507, you can recover it. Right?

EDIT:
    It showed this error for a moment, tand now shows the BlackBerry and PC transferring image. So... I'll let you know in a moment.
    Last edited by Ampersand; 12-24-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Update

And I believe this is what I don't want... Hourglass of Doom?

It's been sitting here with the loadup-hourglass for a bit now.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    And I believe this is what I don't want... Hourglass of Doom?

It's been sitting here with the loadup-hourglass for a bit now.
    It can take up to an hour to reload everything relax.. Don't disconnect or touch anything.

Nevermind!

A quadruple-edited-post later, it has booted up now! Seems to work fine.

Thanks, man!