Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have Sprint 8703e and I'm having problems connecting the device as a modem. For ... General Blackberry forum

Jace no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D3B8A

Problems with BB as a Modem

Advertisement

I have Sprint 8703e and I'm having problems connecting the device as a modem.

For some reason Windows XP will not recognize the standard modem desktop manager created when you install it. It shows up in Device Manager, however when you go to Network Connections and create a new dial up connection I do not get the option to select what modem it should use. When you finish the connection and open to connect under device it says: Unavailable - device missing ...

I've removed Desktop Manager 4.2 rebooted and reinstalled.

Sprint Connection Manager also does not work, because XP is not recognizing this standard modem, SPCS Connection Manager does not recognize the phone as being connected.

I have also removed Connection Manager.

siliconvalley785 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2260D5E4

Re: Problems with BB as a Modem

Did you follow the directions here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...odem_your.html

Pritesh

PIN/ID
    204D3B8A

Yes - the problem is not knowing how to set it up... the problem is XP is not recognizing my Standard Modem.

siliconvalley785 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2260D5E4

Did you make sure the drivers are set up correctly?

Pritesh

PIN/ID
    204D3B8A

Yes, they are set up correctly. When DM 4.2 is open, I can go into Modem Diag and successfully query the modem.

PIN/ID
    204D3B8A

Maye a few more details will help:

I'm trying to create a blackberry modem connection and I'm having problems with XP's dial up networking. The standard modem created by installing Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2, as well as my IBM X40's internal modem are installed and working properly. I can query them and see no issues (No ? or ! in Device Manager).

In Network Connections when I create a new connection, select dial up connection I do not get the option to select a dial up modem. Once the connection is completed it is listed in the Network Connections with a red X and under the connection name it says: Unavailable - Device Missing.

I've done a lot of Googling and been unable to find a way short of redeploying the PC.

I've tried removing and reinstalling Blackberry Desktop Manager w/ no luck.

BerryAddict8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30156B34

You should not have to touch your network connections or create a new connection for that matter. I think you went a step far by creating a connection that you didn't need. The cd you berry came with and the 3 meg driver download from the sprint's site is all you need. Took me 5 minutes to have mine up and going.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace
    Maye a few more details will help:

I'm trying to create a blackberry modem connection and I'm having problems with XP's dial up networking. The standard modem created by installing Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2, as well as my IBM X40's internal modem are installed and working properly. I can query them and see no issues (No ? or ! in Device Manager).

In Network Connections when I create a new connection, select dial up connection I do not get the option to select a dial up modem. Once the connection is completed it is listed in the Network Connections with a red X and under the connection name it says: Unavailable - Device Missing.

I've done a lot of Googling and been unable to find a way short of redeploying the PC.

I've tried removing and reinstalling Blackberry Desktop Manager w/ no luck.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I received my 8703e on Friday, and in 2 minutes had it set up for phone as modem. Here is the steps I followed.

Download the Sprint PCS Connection Manager PAM version.
    Install the application.
    Plug in the BB.
    Click go in Connection Manager.

Just a moment ago I had a customer that wanted to set up his 7130e as a phone as modem. I followed the steps above and Windows did not recognize the modem. So I uninstalled the Connection Manager and reinstalled it, making sure the BB was not plugged in until after the Connection Manager was set up.

Im no pro at PAM, phone as modem, but set up 2 phones in no time at all.

If you need any assistance let us know.

PIN/ID
    30156B34

Your right CP. It doesn't take no time at all. As long as if the right steps are done.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I received my 8703e on Friday, and in 2 minutes had it set up for phone as modem. Here is the steps I followed.

Download the Sprint PCS Connection Manager PAM version.
    Install the application.
    Plug in the BB.
    Click go in Connection Manager.

Just a moment ago I had a customer that wanted to set up his 7130e as a phone as modem. I followed the steps above and Windows did not recognize the modem. So I uninstalled the Connection Manager and reinstalled it, making sure the BB was not plugged in until after the Connection Manager was set up.

Im no pro at PAM, phone as modem, but set up 2 phones in no time at all.

If you need any assistance let us know.

PIN/ID
    204D3B8A

Yes - I have tried installing connection manager... there is something wrong with the driver its installing... when I have the device connected USB, and open connection manager it states connect your phone. (even though the blackberry is connected)

PIN/ID
    204D3B8A

Bump -

Still having problems, have tried installing / uninstalling Sprint Connection Manager, every time I connect the device Connection Manager says "Connect Your Phone" ... the BB is definitely connected, Desktop Manager sees the device and will do a sync. Any thoughts on next steps?

Sprint is unable to give any advice to fix it as well.

PIN/ID
    30156B34

Just a question, do you have service pack 2 installed on you machine with all the latest downloads from Microsoft? It may not make a difference, but just something else to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace
    Bump -

Still having problems, have tried installing / uninstalling Sprint Connection Manager, every time I connect the device Connection Manager says "Connect Your Phone" ... the BB is definitely connected, Desktop Manager sees the device and will do a sync. Any thoughts on next steps?

Sprint is unable to give any advice to fix it as well.

PIN/ID
    204D3B8A

Yes SP2 is installed

rockstar898 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same issue with my 8703e on Sprint, and upon calling their technical support several times, they finally admitted that there is a known problem within their network with the 8703e PAM functionality. Several weeks after opening the ticket, I received an email from Sprint tech support yesterday admitting that the known error existed and that it has been fixed in a new version of Connections Mgr 3.01.030. They advised to download both Desktop Mgr 4.2 and the new Conn Mgr, and that should correct the problem. I am in the midst of testing now, and cannot verify that it works. Good luck!

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar898
    I had the same issue with my 8703e on Sprint, and upon calling their technical support several times, they finally admitted that there is a known problem within their network with the 8703e PAM functionality. Several weeks after opening the ticket, I received an email from Sprint tech support yesterday admitting that the known error existed and that it has been fixed in a new version of Connections Mgr 3.01.030. They advised to download both Desktop Mgr 4.2 and the new Conn Mgr, and that should correct the problem. I am in the midst of testing now, and cannot verify that it works. Good luck!
    I have been through all of what everyone here is saying and my conclusion is that Sprint's PAM sucks. After much uinstalling and reinstalling of Sprint CM (yes the latest .030) I finally tried installing the BlackBerry handheld software for the 8703e on my laptop along with the CM. This got me up and running...however...sometimes I disconnect try to reconnect and I get the message "phone not connected" to which I will launch the modem manually and be fine....however...even when I am connected at EVDO...I get speeds of 28.8 or below...this truly sucks and is unacceptable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast