Hi All, We have many different models of Blackberry but we have just noticed a ... General Blackberry forum

family no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems synch when not primary Exchange mailbox user

Advertisement

Hi All,

We have many different models of Blackberry but we have just noticed a problem with all of them. If a user deletes an email from a mailbox which he/she is not the primary user for it will not delete from the Blackberry. If the Blackberry user deletes from his/her own mailbox the email is deleted from the Blackberry. Anyone noticed this? I would have searched the forum for any similar issues but it is a hard thing to search for.

Thanks all

Ben Murphy

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    It is because the BES uses the deleted items folder of the users own mailbox to scan and determine deleted items. So when the user deletes this item that is not part of his or her own mailbox I do not believe it goes to their deleted items folder but the deleted items folder of the owner instead.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by family View Post
    Hi All,

We have many different models of Blackberry but we have just noticed a problem with all of them. If a user deletes an email from a mailbox which he/she is not the primary user for it will not delete from the Blackberry. If the Blackberry user deletes from his/her own mailbox the email is deleted from the Blackberry. Anyone noticed this? I would have searched the forum for any similar issues but it is a hard thing to search for.

Thanks all

Ben Murphy
    With what Mark said (which is a corret statement), they probably only have read permissions.
    Give the user full control rights over the mailbox. this should fix the issue.
    Last edited by saukrateaz; 03-31-2008 at 12:49 PM.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

family no está en línea Stack level 1
    They already do have full permissions to the secondary mailbox, didn't realise it checks the primary mailboxes deleted items for what to delete from the Blackberry though. I assumed it was the action of deleting the item which triggers the Blackberry.

That is nice to know, thank you for the quick response.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    No Problem glad to help