Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

here is a snapshot of my situation: i purchased a BB curve (unlocked) with contract ... General Blackberry forum

immortalkhalsa no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2068EBE2

problems after change of network

Advertisement

here is a snapshot of my situation:

i purchased a BB curve (unlocked) with contract with O2. i also have a vodafone network and recently put the voda simcard into the BB.

now, i can not use a number of applications ie google maps, my sat nav, vigo and also i don't have the BB browser and only the vodafone live browser when i look at the browser options (is this due to the network provider).

so there are 2 issue - 1)problems with the applications going online....and 2)where is the BB browser.

here is an example of the error message i get when trying to update VIGO. "a problem occured when trying to create or acess your account. There may be insufficient wireless coverage, or the server may be offline for maintenance please try again later. if the problem persists contact Virtual Reach support. (Error Message : invalidurl parameter)"

would appreciate the help guys.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    i dont know much about vodafone or O2, however you need a service book from your provider to get the BB browser. Do you have the BB data plan?

you also have to set your TCP/APN for the new provider for 3rd party apps to wprl.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am not sure if Vodaphone gives you a BB browser or not as they do prefer to push their Vodafone live service for which you pay extra. Have a look and see if the BB browser is 'hidden'. From the BB destop hit menu key and select show all.
    You could also try going to menu > options from the browser, selecting Browser Config & see if you can change the emulation mode to Blackberry.

o2 has a much better Blackberry Plan!

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post

you also have to set your TCP/APN for the new provider for 3rd party apps to wprl.
    You only really need APN settings for Opera Mini. I have Viigo and have not entered any APN settings.

Is your Blackberry Tariff with o2 or Vodafone?

PIN/ID
    2068EBE2
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    i dont know much about vodafone or O2, however you need a service book from your provider to get the BB browser. Do you have the BB data plan?

this is actually really interesting and might be the solution.
    I tried to do this but it was saying i entered an incorrect username or password but its the one i always used with my O2. now when i try to create a new one for the Vodafone it says that a username already exists with that BB PIN and that i can re-set the password...so i asked it to reset and it says it has sent it to the BB...but nothing evercame through?

how do i get into the account?
    Last edited by immortalkhalsa; 03-24-2008 at 09:55 PM.

PIN/ID
    2068EBE2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell Wood View Post
    Is your Blackberry Tariff with o2 or Vodafone?

i have a BB tariff for both networks (need to cancel the O2 one)..the one i am using now and have issues with is the Vodafone.

PS - i agree that the O2 plan is much better, i just have certain attachments to my Voda that i wont bore you with.

So to be clear. you used to be with o2 but now have a tariff with Vodafone for Blackberry Internet Service? Please let us know as this will enable us to help you.

If that is the case you need to go to Vodafones BIS website (not o2's website)to enter your email details etc. You may have to get your PIN released from o2 first to be able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by immortalkhalsa View Post
    i have a BB tariff for both networks (need to cancel the O2 one)..the one i am using now and have issues with is the Vodafone.

PS - i agree that the O2 plan is much better, i just have certain attachments to my Voda that i wont bore you with.
    Ok your device PIn is most likely still registered with o2. You need to cancel the account, get your PIN released from o2 then have it added to Vodafone before you can get set up properly.

PIN/ID
    2068EBE2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell Wood View Post
    So to be clear. you used to be with o2 but now have a tariff with Vodafone for Blackberry Internet Service? Please let us know as this will enable us to help you.

If that is the case you need to go to Vodafones BIS website (not o2's website)to enter your email details etc. You may have to get your PIN released from o2 first to be able to do this.

sorry for not being clear, but yes you are absolutely correct, was with o2 now with voda and have the BB BIS plan.

i have been on the voda website but it is saying that the password is incorrect. the weird thing is that i have been using the voda BB plan now for about a week and all emails etc work fine....just have problems with that mentioned in my first post.

i will give O2 a call tomorrow and see if they can release my PIN, hopefully this is the solution.

You do seem to have an unusual problem as usually your PIN cannot be registered with 2 carriers at the same time. The PIN is used to send service books/emails etc to the device.

The reason that the password is incorrect is probably because it is still tied to the o2 account. Normally you would see something like "an account allready exists for this
    device". Also Vodafone cannot send their service books to the device if they do not have the PIN.

Good luck!

PIN/ID
    2068EBE2
    juat an update really - firstly thanks to everyone that has replied.

1 - i now have my BB registered with Vodafone. O2 released the PIN but said i can never register the same PIN with o2 again...is this normal???

2 - i have sent the service books, but i still have the same problems with the applications and browser. emails are all fine.

here is the error i get from Google Maps

"the application requires a data connection, and will retry automaticall. please check your signal strength"

any ideas?

Hello again, Glad you got the PIN sorted. I do think you would be able to get the PIN registered with o2 again at a later date if needs be. You would just have to get it released from Vodafone first & maybe they said that to try and keep you with 02. Who knows?

I think the problem with Google maps and other apps is that they may need the BB browser to function.

Open your browser, hit menu key, select general properties and see if you can set the default browser to 'internet Browser'. Failing that try and get vodafone to send you the service books for BB browser.

blueskyman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is anyone still helping with PIN problems?

What is the problem you are having?

UPDATE: found your post in the ppl releasse my PIn thread & left an answer there.
    Last edited by Bluebell Wood; 03-25-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast