We are using BIS with cingular, forwarding mail from an exchange server to BIS addresses. ... General Blackberry forum

nbits no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Problem - XML is converted to plaintext?!!?!

Advertisement

We are using BIS with cingular, forwarding mail from an exchange server to BIS addresses. This happens on 8800 series and 7200 series BBs

Our people are seeing strange text at the top of some email messages received on their BBs. The text is:

"Clean Clean DocumentEmail false false false"

On closer inspection, it seems that the following XML is at the top of the messages:

<w:WordDocument>
    <w:displayBackgroundShape/>
    <w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>
    <w:documentKind>DocumentEmail</w:documentKind>
    <w:EnvelopeVis/>
    <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
    <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
    <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
    <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
    </w:WordDocument>

This is safely ignored by all mail readers (outlook, thunderbird, gmail, yahoo mail, etc) but is ANNOYINGLY displayed on the blackberrys.

Is there a way to get the BB to handle this XML text differently? Has anyone else seen this?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Problem - XML is converted to plaintext?!!?!

Hi nbits, welcome to pinstack.

I have no idea so did a quick google... http://communityserver.org/forums/p/483727/564480.aspx

I still have no idea after my search, and you may already have thought of google, so Im just bumping this for help.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Problem - XML is converted to plaintext?!!?!

These are only guesses -- but here it goes.

Outlook has the ability to send messages as either HTML, Plain Text or Rich Text. Unless you're using some form of HTML reader on the BB, you would want Plain Text.

Microsoft Outlook also has the ability to use either the built-in composer or to use Microsoft Word to compose messages. It looks like you're getting MS Word headers so I'd guess people are using Word as their editor for their messages.

I'm not sure if there is a way to change these setting for forwarding messages via the exchange server. I would guess that you'll want to somehow convert all of them to Plain Text before forwarding at the least. This would eliminate the XML if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck. Microsoft likes to "think" for the user a lot. I hate that and it makes it difficult to figure out exactly what's going on.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade