Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

I know I am going to get some suggestions that I change platform Last night ... General Blackberry forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Problem with BB Appworld

Advertisement

I know I am going to get some suggestions that I change platform

Last night I updated one of the apps on my Torch, rebooted the phone and found the Appworld was sitting in the memory, I could click on it but it would not open. So first thoughts was there must be a problem with the updated App. Well this worked fine, however I decided to remove it and reboot. Still a problem with Appworld. I deleted the Appworld rebooted and downloaded it again and re-installed, still a problem, searched the forums found other people having similar issues with Appworld, solutions varied from installing an old version of Appworld to completely reloading your OS and then installing the current version. No-one seemed to know what causes the problem. So I deleted Appworld again and noticed that my phone is working twice as fast. My solution is to forget about Appworld, all the apps that I use have not been updated in some time, since they all work fine, and I am not looking for more functionality there is no reason to worry about updates, nor is there a requirement to have Appworld since I don not intend on loading anymore apps onto the phone. So my solution is to delete it and forget about it.

So what am I going to do when my upgrade comes around? The phone in question is the 9800 running OS6 on ATT. Since I live in Canada it is not easy to upgrade on ATT, so I will probably use the phone until I decide that I want to leave ATT. The BB I have from my company still has another year at least before they replace it, and I will wait and see what the default device is then. Do I want to change OS, not at the moment, as I have stated in other posts I do not really use the phone as my main goto internet, games, TV, device when I am traveling, I just use it for the occasional search, email, text and phone.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    (Will refrain from my obvious suggestion)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Uninstalling and reinstalling AppWorld would've been my suggestion, Dave. If you don't use it, however, no sense in having it especially if, as you say, your device is running twice as fast.
    dushdavj likes this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Based on what your suggestion would have been, it has gone through my mind several times over the past few months, but rather than spend money I have been making do, looking at priorities I dropped my SLR the other day and while it still works I would love to upgrade it, just have to drop it a few more times to justify to the wife that it is a necessary upgrade and I should spend money on a new toy
    RogerG likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

Eh. Go ahead and get the camera.

'Tis easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ Much as I would love to believe in the quotation, I have been with my wife long enough to seek permission it may not be easier but it is definitely safer! Seriously though neither of us will buy something without agreement that it is a worthwhile purchase, and when we finally do purchase the item it makes us appreciate it more.

LOL! I hear ya, Dave. We are the same way.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    When I used BlackBerry, I always deleted AppWorld unless I needed to install a new app. I'd install AppWorld, install the app, and then delete AppWorld. AppWorld was such a memory hog I never kept it. Shrink-A-OS and BBSAK were my favorite utilities to manage the memory on the BlackBerry. Plus I always installed some sort of hybrid OS.

If it were me, I'd go for the camera upgrade and wait for the phone upgrade. If you really need a phone, BlackBerry or otherwise, Kijiji would probably be your best bet for now, in order to avoid any contract issues.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Camera upgrade will happen eventually, but I am slow to do things especially when spending this sort of money. It will be a Nikon, could be a D90 or D7000. Still researching. I like a heavy camera. Would love a Hasselblad but that'll be in my next life