Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have recieved a few e-mails with attachments (most likely, just pictures) from my family ... General Blackberry forum

johu65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24470e33

Problem With Attachments In E-mail

Advertisement

I have recieved a few e-mails with attachments (most likely, just pictures) from my family and I use to be able to click on the attachment and it would give the option of which attatchment to open. Well recently I have noticed when i click on the attatchment word, "open attachment" is no where to be found in the menu I dont understand where it could have gone??? If any one has any ideas, please share them with me!! OOH yeah I remember on version of the desktop manager, I use to have, actually had a long list of applications in the application loader. I seen attachment service is that list. But the version of DM I have now only shows the third party applications and themes Does that have something to do with this?
    PIN: 24470E33

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    try options in the email and view attached.....or download a html viewer...
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    what version of DM do you have?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    DM doesn't matter when trying to open an attatchment- has nothing to do with desktop manager, nor should it have anything to do with the OS....

When that happens, I have noticed it's it a format that the bb doesn't support, orits an attatchment that was forwarded many times so it simply isn't there anymore.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well i was asking what version of DM because he should have the attachment service installed on the device to view attachment of the supported type. so i want to know the DM version and OS version he is running

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the reason for only seeing third party apps is that the OS isn't installed on your comp. Once you have put the OS on you will be able to reinstall the attachment service.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandgold52 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the reason for only seeing third party apps is that the OS isn't installed on your comp. Once you have put the OS on you will be able to reinstall the attachment service.

very true. the attachment app is vital.

PIN/ID
    24470e33
    DM-4.2.2.14 OS-4.2.2.181(platform 2.5.0.35) I dont even know what that OS is all about. Do I need an upgrade? ItsNowOrNever- I checked my reguler e-mail on the computer, and the attatchments are just pictures. But I do know that BB is picky about file formates.

PIN/ID
    24470e33
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandgold52 View Post

How do I do this ^

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    when you download a new OS on your computer, just run the .exe and it will automatically install the files to your comp. its as easy as pie, BlueBERRY pie

PIN/ID
    24470e33
    Ok. When I get to the PC I will try it. I downloaded DM version 3. That's the newest, but is it the vest choice. Also, now I have "1 missed call" always showing but I have no missed calls, any ideas?

PIN/ID
    24470e33
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ everything was going so smooth with my BB until now. :-(

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by johu65 View Post
    Ok. When I get to the PC I will try it. I downloaded DM version 3. That's the newest, but is it the vest choice. Also, now I have "1 missed call" always showing but I have no missed calls, any ideas?

connect to DM and click on backup/restore then go to advanced.

on device databases clear the call logs. it will clear out that icon. if you use your call logs then do a backup and after you clear them you can restore them.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by johu65 View Post
    DM-4.2.2.14 OS-4.2.2.181(platform 2.5.0.35) I dont even know what that OS is all about. Do I need an upgrade? ItsNowOrNever- I checked my reguler e-mail on the computer, and the attatchments are just pictures. But I do know that BB is picky about file formates.

Switch the picture format (what are they anyway? If it's BMP, it wont show) and email it to yourself and see what happens.

If you can see and open other attachments, then you have that application.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    24470e33
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks guys. Any more ideas just holla at me. When I get to the house I will mess with DM and get back to u all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast