Ok, here's the deal. I have an 8100 Pearl on AT&T, but I don't think ... General Blackberry forum

Double_Down no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Problem upgrading to 4.5 ... any advice?

Advertisement

Ok, here's the deal.

I have an 8100 Pearl on AT&T, but I don't think that should matter for this particular question.

I was running 4.2.1.96, and I tried to upgrade to the latest 4.5.

Everything appeared to go smoothly. The software backed everything up, installed the upgrade, and restored all my data. I disconnected, and checked out the BB. Everything appeared to have worked. I checked out some random data, everything appeared to be there.

However, the next day when I connected the BB to my computer to sync with Outlook 2002, it told me that nearly 200 of my contacts' info had changed. Nothing had changed except for a few calendar entries and maybe a task or two. Contacts should have been the same. So, I canceled out and didn't allow it to sync because I was concerned that all my contacts would get messed up.

Anybody know why this would happen? Any fixes?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok this may sound like a stupid question but its the first thing I thought of reading this. Are your contacts back on your device after the back up. There have been a couple of times I restored and all was there but my contacts. If this were the case that would explain why there are to 200 changes. Check it out then we can go from there.

Double_Down no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah, all my contacts are on my device. The names all appear to be there. The number is correct under "options." Just to be safe, I double checked about 25 random entries to make sure they were complete. Everything looks fine on the device.