Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello all, I have a 7520 and decided to upgrade to 4.1. It worked fine ... General Blackberry forum

malkamus no está en línea Stack level 2

Problem after upgrade

Advertisement

Hello all, I have a 7520 and decided to upgrade to 4.1. It worked fine the first afternoon and evening. Then I lost the cell network, sim info, battery level, and the device lagged after every action(moving the track wheel, typing on keyboard.) I figured I had screwed up so I tried to reload it. After erasing and initializing it put an icon with a circle square and triangle in it with a line through it on the BB, the pc says fatal error replace battery. There is a 507 under the icon on the BB. Will the battery fail that quickly and will it then cause the sim card not to be read and the other problems? The sim card does work in my other phone still.
    Thanks John

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Hi malkamus and welcome to PinStack. The white screen and circle/square plus 507 usually indicates that the OS is partially or incorrectly loaded, nothing to do with your battery. I suggest you reload the OS using the link below and following the sequences carefully, particularly the bits in red. Do come back for more help, or to let us know how you got on. Good luck!
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ze_device.html

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    malkamus, Welcome to PinStack.

It is possible that the battery could fail, and it kinda sounds like that might be the problem. I don't think the original OS install had anything to do with it. It sounds like your BB might not have been charging properly. Try following the procedure in this thread, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I have tried, it only gets to reinitializing device then gives me the error, it will not do anything.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Did you get completely through the install process in the thread?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

The first time all went well except for the problems I mentioned.
    the times after that I have tried every way listed, it wiped everything from the BB but after the deletion and when it tries to reinitialize it, it then gives those error messages one on the BB, one on the computer. I have tried with and without the battery, full wipe and just a reload, back up and no back up. Right now there is nothing for an OS on the BB. Is there any other reason why the sim can be read by one phone but now not the BB(other than now there is no OS?)

Edit: Also when this happened it quit showing if the BB was charging as well. I plug in the cable and would get no charging icon on the BB.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Sounds like you battery may have died. Thats all I can think off or the BB itself.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Ok then I will have to order a battery and see if that fixes the problem. I will post the info in about 7 to 10 days when it is shipped here. Another thing, why does noone keep batteries in stock for these. That is just a rant. Thanks for the help will let ya know.
    John

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I would test it with a friends battery, if possible, before I replaced anything. May save you some heartache aggravation

Eh as luck has it I am the only one with a BB that I know.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not sure where you live but most nextel stores in my city carry those batteries

Have you tried all the stores in your area?

Yes I have and tmobile and cingular, none carry it. However I did find a battery company who had one left. I just picked it up and am trying to charge it. Is there supposed to be a charge indicator on with no OS? If not howdo you know it is charging?

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unable to communicate with the radio hardware. Please ensure that a charged battery is installed in the device and try the loading operation again. [P:0x0000000F]

That is what I get after it tries to reinitialize the BB.

Edit: This is during the load radio software.
    Last edited by malkamus; 11-27-2006 at 12:49 PM.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Is your USB port/cable working properly?

They both seemed to be working. I am going to try it on another machine tonight, tomorrow I will pick up a new cable also. It has to be something simple it worked the first time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast