Not sure how it happened but now when I press my trackball on my 8100 ... General Blackberry forum

dprivette no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Pressing Trackball does not select

Advertisement

Not sure how it happened but now when I press my trackball on my 8100 instead of acting like a 'enter' or 'select' it types the word "we". I wiped the device to no avail. Is their a way to re-program or reset the trackball functionality?

Thanks.

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    You wiped and reloaded it already?

You can clean the trackball, have you done that? It may have particles suck under it.

I haven't because the trackball's movement is working just fine. I have had to clean it in the past do to it not moving directional very well but that is not the case here.

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Ok, if you wipe it JLCmdr and reloaded it, it should have done what you needed to. Is there anything that says "cancel selection" when you first try to select letters/words?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    is it clickig at all?? like a snapple cap..you get that clicking feeling under the trackball..does it do that anymore or doyou get the click just no funtion of enter?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    are you still under warranty? you can exchange it for one. my friend had the exact problem with her 8320 curve and she just went and had it exchanged.

I did wipe it with JL_Cmder and still have the same problem. Pressing the Trackball does have functionality but just not the correct function of 'Enter'. No warranty, this is 2.5 yrs old.

Thought I would give an update. A couple of days ofter this post the trackball started to intermittently function properly. It has gone back and forth numerous times without reason but seams to be working more than not lately.

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    I have the same problem on my 8320. Brand new trackball, it moves fine. I have to pres down on the ball to get it to work. I just may have to go and get an 8900.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~