Curve 8900, 4.6.1.114, T-Mobile Hi, all. Just a quick question to see if anyone has ... General Blackberry forum

debbieg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21B69612

Press 1 to Dial, Get Berry Weather???

Advertisement

Curve 8900, 4.6.1.114, T-Mobile

Hi, all. Just a quick question to see if anyone has heard of this. When I try to dial a number, and press "1", Berry Weather comes up. Is there any way of removing that? I have to go to contacts and dial from there. Thanks in advance!
    T-Mobile BlackBerry® Bold II™ 9700
    v 5.0.0.330
    "Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much"

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Go to your Call Log and go to Options > General Options. Turn on 'Dial From Home Screen'. Should fix that problem.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

debbieg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21B69612
    Thank you so much! That worked! I could have sworn I did that already!,
    T-Mobile BlackBerry® Bold II™ 9700
    v 5.0.0.330
    "Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much"

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    No problem. Glad it worked for you.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    As MS indicated.....turning off "dialing from the home screen" solved your issue. However, in turning off "dialing from the home screen", you disabled one of the most useful, quick access links in your BB.....Shortcuts. Shortcuts provides one-touch access to many areas of your BB including calendar, calculator, tasks, memos, address book, compose a message, profiles, help, options, browser and more. To use these shortcuts.....you need to disable dialing from the home screen. When you want to make a phone call (the down side of using shortcuts) you need to press the green send button first then input your number. That is, unless you have the number assigned to a speed dial that can be accessed from the home screen as well. It appears that you had shortcuts enabled but attempted to depress the numeral 1 without depressing the green send key first. When I need BerryWeather, I press the 1 or W key while in the home screen to access this app.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT