We are planning to roll out hundreds of BB handheld. We need to configure all ... General Blackberry forum

gianni no está en línea Stack level 1

Pre-configure handheld

Advertisement

We are planning to roll out hundreds of BB handheld. We need to configure all of them with a the same standard settings (i.e. Menues, Themes,...).
    I would like to define one with those standard settings, snapshop it and then replicate this on all the devices... (kind of Ghost image ?)...
    Any suggestions ?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Pre-configure handheld

Are you plannig on using a BES ? If yes I think BES will do right what you're looking for. We have some expert in BES that could help you with that

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Or I would assume, depending on time permitting, just program one BB with everything the way you want it, then back it up, then load that backup as a restore into the other Blackberries if its going to be on BIS.

Would take quite a long time to do it that way depening on how quick and how many computers you could use, but I did that for a group of about 35 Blackberry's and it took maybe 3 hours. I can't remember exactly...But it replicated the phone numbers, settings, etc in all of them.

gianni no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes with BES...
    I did not knew that thru Enterprise Activation you could push themes, background images, and all the settings (i.e. all options entries, Smart Dialing... )
    /Gianni