Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I got tired of carrying a laptop and a phone. And I will NOT buy ... General Blackberry forum

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Thumbs up I'm a former IT pro

Advertisement

I got tired of carrying a laptop and a phone. And I will NOT buy any products from Apple and I wanted a music player. I had a Samsung e series phone which was a great phone, but not much else. Went to a sidekick II and was happy. THEN the 8100 came out.......the rest is history. It was so powerful, and so SMALL! I now have an 8900 and I couldn't be happier. It is a true multimedia machine with a screen that an old guy like me can actually read. Oh, and the phone works great too. I fish a lot and being able to get tide tables over the net is great. Plus my kids live two cities away (60 miles) and IM keeps us in touch.

baoiey no está en línea Stack level 2
    I got my BB because I like the full QWERTY keyboard. Plus, I'm always on the go... so having my email and all that on the phone makes it PERFECT!

BeamMeUp no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was first drawn to the BlackBerry about 8 years ago. My niece owns a company and she used her BlackBerry to manage her business when she traveled, which was often. Fast forward to today, every employee in her company is issued an 8830 device because her employees are often in places where camera phones are not permitted.

I purchased my first BB last August, mostly because of the high degree of success experienced by my niece. I did not research the devices one bit. I walked into Verizon one day and picked-up the Curve display model and played with it for about 90 seconds, and was sold on the fact it would be a suitable device. The Curve has turned into a work horse device that may be one of the best BB phones ever built. It may not be the sleekest looking phone out there but it helps me manage my business and be more productive. I cannot imagine ever buying anything but a BlackBerry in the future.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I got my first bb which was the 7100t years ago simply because it was different. I didn't even have a data plan. I had no idea what it could do. Now I'm hooked! Darn curiosity gets you every time.

BelinMike no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    307b2364
    I went with a BB after I began dating my fiancee. He had the 7100I at the time and I liked how easily i could use it and jump around applications and the freedom it gives me in regards to creating themes, copy/paste functions, shortcuts... it was like a mini computer at my fingertips (most of that I learned on his 8703). I did not like the look of it so I didnt buy it then and stuck with my Nextel chirp phones. He then upgraded to the 8703 which was better looking but still bulky and I was used to flip phones. I wound up having to use his phone for a day or 2 and fell even more in love with it... but still wouldnt go out and buy it cus it was ugly... lol I finally got my first bb when I got my 8830 soon after it came out since he worked for Sprint. Ive been addicted ever since and was slightly unhinged when my first phone no longer charged due to my usb port crapping out... but im back and still addicted!

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    my first bb acquisition was pure chance- a curve, and I have never looked back- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

Khalnath no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2096DDEC
    Rogers has always had rather asinine data plans. (I love how they still don't offer unlimited even for the iPhone, for example.) When I heard about the loophole that let you have IM and Opera Mini under the $15 plan, I bought my father's used Pearl and that was that. I IMed the hell out of that phone, and when Opera Mini broke, I didn't really mind because the IM programs still worked.

So, when it came time for my hardware upgrade, I got a Bold because I wanted 3G, Wifi, and a full keyboard. I considered getting an iPhone, but I type too much to want a touch screen.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got my first BB mostly because my clients were always asking me questions about them, and the number of them around the office that I was semi-responsible for was increasing. So I got one mainly to learn more about them. I was hooked rather quickly.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    i was a teenager at the time... my parents got it for me to use bb msngr without having to get a text plan... theirs were through work, and mine was tmobile. now ive had one for 7 years and i cant see a reason to go to another smart phone.

i had seen berries back to the days where they were just pagers with texting and monochromatic lcd's. i could never figure out what the hell the scroll wheel was for... or how to use the thing. those are gonna be relics years from now...

who has the largest private bb collection? that i would like to see.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I was a die-hard WM user and had a Dell Axim X51V, so I bought the Pearl because it was the smallest broadband-enabled "phone"...I just got hooked on the OS and the rest is history...3 devices and counting later.....

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I got mine because I needed a calendar, address book, calculator, email device and web browser all rolled into one (I got sick of carrying those paper based daily planner books).

I got a 7730 but hated it. When I was eligible for an upgrade, I got a 7100t and it was uphill from there. I learned about BlackBerry Messenger, upgrading the OS, etc. on it and a 7105t.

When I migrated to the 8100 series, I tried creating themes but that didn't work out for me. I learned about unlocking vendor themes also.

I may come back to the BB but I need to find one that won't be plagued by the constant hourglass and freezes.
    Back on the 8120 again.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Good to have you back. Erica. The 8120 is an awesome device. Add me back to messenger pin:24A04DCA.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Invite sent.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Treo kept crashing

I switched to Blackberry because I was feed up with my Treo because it wasn't stable and kept crashing. I heard Blackberrys were a good phone so here I am. Don't know for how much longer because the Palm Pre is coming out soon.

tafadzwa no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use my bb for keeping me organized with my class schedule, djing, and work. Its the best smart phone I've ever had! The only thing I'm waiting for is for mint to come out with a app for the bb. All I'm missing is my financing using mint.com.... Then I'll truly be complete!
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123