Does any1 know if I can switch my phone carrier from Nextel, to Metro PCS ... General Blackberry forum

amandarust no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447fd7b

Question is it posible 2 switch from nextel 2 metro pcs and still keep my same bb?

Advertisement

Does any1 know if I can switch my phone carrier from Nextel, to Metro PCS and keep my same BB that I already have? I just HATE Nextel and have 2 switch and Metro PCS has the best reception with the lowest price where I live, so I was just wondering if some1 has already done this themselves or knew some1 who has done it....??? thanks in advance! <3
    My BB info~

T-Mobile
    Red BB Pearl 8100

OS- 4.2.1.107

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: is it posible 2 switch from nextel 2 metro pcs and still keep my same bb?

I think it is possible if the phone is unlocked...
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Nextel does not work on the same network as Metro, Nextel is the iDEN 850mhz network where Metro is on the Metro "works only in one city network". Lol, j/k, thats how it is in my area.

Seriously, answer is no. Sorry.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

I think ONLY phones made specifically for metro are allowed and you cannot use any other phone, even if it' unlock, on their network.

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yea you have to buy a phone from metro.

enikolayev no está en línea Stack level 2

how about going from t-mobile to sprint with a pearl? *fingers crossed*

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by enikolayev
    how about going from t-mobile to sprint with a pearl? *fingers crossed*

Nope. T-Mobile is GSM and Sprint is CDMA. Non-compatible technologies. Plus Sprint requires you to have a Sprint phone on their network.

enikolayev no está en línea Stack level 2

that is utterly dissapointing

PIN/ID
    2447fd7b
    Lol. That's the way nextel is around here! I NEVA have service and more then half of my texts don't get 2 the person I send it 2! But metro and verizon is the best in my area.. Thanx 4 the info. <3

Does ne1 kno if metro sells bb? (I looked at there phones online and there wasn't any..)

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Nextel does not work on the same network as Metro, Nextel is the iDEN 850mhz network where Metro is on the Metro "works only in one city network". Lol, j/k, thats how it is in my area.

Seriously, answer is no. Sorry.

PIN/ID
    2447fd7b
    Ya, that's what I heard 2. I've heard that u can have ANY phone with ANY carrier 'if' the phone is unlocked.. I'm gunna look more into that.. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    I think it is possible if the phone is unlocked...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

You cant use a GSM phone on a CDMA network even if the phones are unlocked. One reason is GSM uses sim cards, CDMA does not. In the case with Nextel and TMO, still wont work. Both have sim cards but the TMO GSM is on a different network than the Nextel TDMA. Basically you have to keep the phone on the same type of network.