The blackberry is a business workhorse, but did you know it acts like a flash ... General Blackberry forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

Lightbulb Portable apps on your BB

Advertisement

The blackberry is a business workhorse, but did you know it acts like a flash drive too. Of course you did. What i'm reffering to is the fact that you can run portable apps that are installed on your BB on anybody's PC. I mean you're gonna have your BB with you anyway, Right? Yes this means portable photoshop, g.i.m.p, open office and more. This is useful for example if you are working on something in photoshop, and lets say your not finished. You also have something else to do but you have to complete your work and where you're going they dont have PS. You're gonna have your BB with you anyway, Right? No problem as long as they have a PC and if you have portable PS installed on your BB's memory card you can complete the work anywhere. Very cool indeed.
    Last edited by Safiy; 11-19-2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: forgot something

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    IMO, it's easier to do it from a flash drive. With your bb, you either need to have the memory card adaptor or the usb cable.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Thats true. Its just another use for our BB's I always have my bb, and most people have usb cords laying around, i have a few myself. Just thought it was cool that the BB is like a swiss army knife. What cant you do with it?

Yeah, I agree with you there, it is cool!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Do you need a special version of the software. Your example of photoshop is perfect. Can I just load a copy of photoshop cs onto me micro-SD card and run it from there or is there literally a 'portable' version.

I know that sounds like a dumb question but you keep referring to a portable app so I felt I should ask to be safe.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Check out www.portableapps.com, they have a bunch of software that's designed to run off of portable memory. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~