For some strange reason, my Blackberry - as of about 10:30 yesterday morning, has stopped ... General Blackberry forum

Medley no está en línea Stack level 1

Question POP mail no longer being delivered

Advertisement

For some strange reason, my Blackberry - as of about 10:30 yesterday morning, has stopped receiving mail on my POP accounts. It's still on the Internet, still gets Outlook (work) mail, still gets gmail (through the gmail app that I'd installed), but isn't getting any of my other personal email.

I have no idea why - I haven't been messing with settings or anything like that. I went into the mail setup app and everything seems normal.

Interestingly, I had one POP account that I had not set up on my BB yet (I don't use it often.) I added it, sent a test mail to it, and that mail WAS received by the blackberry. But my other pop accounts... still nothing.

Anyone have any thoughts on what other kinds of troubleshooting I could do?

Thanks much.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: POP mail no longer being delivered

Have been reading on other forums that there is a possible Verizon outage in parts of the US. DId you try pulling the battery for about 30 seconds?

Instead of pulling the battery, I did the double-reset thing to reboot it. No change.

Mine is the Verizon 8830 -- if it's Verizon, then I'll just wait it out, I suppose. Thanks for the tip...

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3

I am having the same problem. I haven't gotten an email since Saturday. I chocked it up to my friends being busy on the weekend but then I checked my Yahoo mail online and I had tons of new emails. I don't even think it's a Verizon thing because I'm with TMobile. What the hell is going on??

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

I had that problem this morning. No mail. Go to Options/Advanced options/Host Routing Table/Lft click on first lline of numbers/Register Now.
    As soon as I registered. All my mail started coming in.

Hmm I dunno if I did it right. I just got what looks like a text message from RIM thanking me for registering but still no emails...maybe I should wait a few more minutes? And why the heck did we have to re-register??

And I did the battery pullout as well and still no email. Only my blackberry email address is working.

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Try the blackberry.com site. Internet Email Service and resend the Service Books.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Did you try to delete the accounts from your BIS, then add them back?

Yep - deleted the accounts and added them back, and a few messages trickled in, but then it stopped again.

It's very strange. And frustrating.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Sorry to hear of the problems. I've been getting messages just fine, but I'm with AT&T.

If resending the service books and pulling the battery for 30 seconds didn't fix it, it's time to either wait it out patiently or call Verizon. I'm impatient so I'd call and complain...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

dorojm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've been having this problem for a week off and on and I have AT&T on the east coast. Sometimes just turning off wireless works, more often than not I end up rebooting or pulling the battery then resending service books. Very frustrating but I've not figured out why yet.

Sorry to be a noob, but what do you mean by resending service books? Is just deleting the accounts and setting them up again (which I'm trying again - but I'm going to wait awhile before setting them up again)? Or something else? (Only had the BB for about a month, so...)

Quote Originally Posted by dgy2k1
    Try the blackberry.com site. Internet Email Service and resend the Service Books.
    Tried this and it is fixed finally. Hopefully for good!

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ remove all email related service books and have your provider send them to you. I just did and I got all the emails I was missing for 2 days. (Aprox 180). So. Hope this helps.