View Poll Results: Which Phone is the best?

Voters
92. Register free to vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry(any model)

71 77.17%
  • Nokia N95 8GB

18 19.57%
  • Iphone

3 3.26%
  • Verizon Voyager

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by cchvz Verizon Voyager?!?! What kind of a joke is it to even ... General Blackberry forum

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

Re: Poll! Blackberry vs N95 vs Iphone?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cchvz View Post
    Verizon Voyager?!?! What kind of a joke is it to even try to compare that to a BB?
    I know.. The Voyager was just a fourth option.
    I'm true to the game called Blackberry!

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I enjoy my 8310 and cannot say enough good things about it, however I love Nokia. The N 95 has everything I want in a phone (except BB's tight OS). My last phone before going to BB was an e62. Nice phone but very buggy. I would be happy to go back to Nokia, but I don't think I can kick the BB habit. If RIM put out something with N 95 specs I would never leave.(Not that I think I can anyways, this phone is glued to me.)

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

blackberry will win every single time in every single poll lol... we should make a poll. your child or your blackberry. then hopefully blackberry loses then.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by BBpush099 View Post
    Ok im on the BB side now that being said how can you say the N95 is overpriced... If Blackberry's were not subsidized under contracts that would be around the same price. As an everyday device yes the blackberry wins everytime. I guess i cant talk not have owned a N95 but 3G and dvd like video recording, live web cam streaming cam etc. Im just hating because blackberry hasn't stepped up in the 3G arena besides Verizon and Sprint.
    ------
    Price:
    I say it's overpriced because after buying one and using it, the N95 just does not live up to the expectations one has after reading the specs & reviews. I will leave it at that because we are in a BB forum.

That said, I've owned a ridiculous number of mobiles prior to purchasing my 1st BB. Thus my experience reveals the true superiority of a BlackBerry, which has become my main phone,PDA,& constant companion since day one with it.

Going forward, I continue to buy other new mobiles just for fun, always as secondary devices to my BB, and to stay up to date with what's happening in the mobile phone space.

Cheers!
    Via BB 8310

PIN/ID
    2046327c

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ------
    Price:
    I say it's overpriced because after buying one and using it, the N95 just does not live up to the expectations one has after reading the specs & reviews. I will leave it at that because we are in a BB forum.

That said, I've owned a ridiculous number of mobiles prior to purchasing my 1st BB. Thus my experience reveals the true superiority of a BlackBerry, which has become my main phone,PDA,& constant companion since day one with it.

Going forward, I continue to buy other new mobiles just for fun, always as secondary devices to my BB, and to stay up to date with what's happening in the mobile phone space.

Cheers!
    Via BB 8310
    I can agree with the secondary phone side because the N95 or any other phone would be strictly just that a secondary phone. The N95 didnt live up to the specs huh! Wow thanks for letting me know now I can avoid the phone hearing that. Your hands on experience with the phone has me convinced... BlackBerry 4 life baby!!!!

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

Isn't this poll flawed? Its asking a bunch of BlackBerry users on a BlackBerry user's forum for their opinion. Its just funny, I'm not trying to be a jerk.

PIN/ID
    2046327c

Quote Originally Posted by jniowa View Post
    Isn't this poll flawed? Its asking a bunch of BlackBerry users on a BlackBerry user's forum for their opinion. Its just funny, I'm not trying to be a jerk.
    Yes it is flawed based on the fact that this is a BlackBerry forum but I feel it is still a good poll. These phones are compared to each other all the time but and this poll was mostly designed to get the opinions of BlackBerry on if they think the N95 or Iphone stands a chance against a BB. As you can see the N95 is not doing to bad for being in this forum, but until a phone with a great form factor(curve keyboard) and reliable OS like a BlackBerry comes out I don't think any of us are going anywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by BBpush099 View Post
    I can agree with the secondary phone side because the N95 or any other phone would be strictly just that a secondary phone. The N95 didnt live up to the specs huh! Wow thanks for letting me know now I can avoid the phone hearing that. Your hands on experience with the phone has me convinced... BlackBerry 4 life baby!!!!
    As they say, there is no substitute for experience. I am fortunate to be able to buy and test a lot of phones, at least half of which are unlocked phones that I have drop shipped from Hong Kong and other areas of Asia.

So, my only point is that given the number of phones I have purchased, tested, and lived with for that matter, I'm in a great position to fairly judge the BlackBerry lineup. This is precisely why I remain so loyal and satisfied with the BB platform. It's the very reason I speak so highly of RIM's efforts to design, build and distribute one of the finest products I've had the pleasure of owning and using.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jniowa View Post
    Quite the contrary, this poll is quite fair and a good reflection of what other users think of the phones in the poll. It's also a perfect example of the value of a free speech environment. We all have a voice, and are given the chance to use it.

Pinstack.com is one of the most fair and balanced forums I know of. And that is my experience talking as I have been participating in a few other (non-mobile phone) forums, for years. Most specifically I moderate on an Exotic Car Forum, as well as a Laptop Forum.

While I agree with your logic to a certain point, I do not dismiss or distrust the members of this forum. Sure, there will be a few that may be biased to the point of being closed minded. That is surely the case not only here but in other forums as well.

Conversely this forum is populated by people like myself that are true mobile phone enthusiasts, that choose to own BlackBerry's and find them much better than their prior experience with other brands.

Finally at the end of the day, it's what matters to you and what your needs are in a mobile phone. Therefore if one places too much weight, or value in any one poll, or report, or comment on a certain brand (even BB) that person would be cheating themselves.

Cheers

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

I apologize if I offended anyone. I wasn't trying to question the integrity of Pinstack or the members here. I was simply trying to be funny. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Nokia: Never again Nokia since Nokia decided to close the facility in Bochum/Germany.
    iPhone: What's that? Never heard of this.

I'll stay with BB cause thats the phone I've ever looked for.

My 2ct
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

timtim182 no está en línea Stack level 1

I like some of the.n 95s features but it looks like a calculator haha
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by peterthill View Post
    iPhone: What's that? Never heard of this.
    ----
    iWhat?

I guess that makes two of us....

via Red BB 8310 Curve

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

The N95 is sweet. It has loads of features, guess the price says it all.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by tfrankson View Post
    The N95 is sweet. It has loads of features, guess the price says it all.
    Yes it does. The price says:

1) It's bulky
    2) It's slow, as the Symbian OS is not ready for prime time
    3) It's difficult, confusing & counterintuative to navigate.
    4) While on paper the camera specs may impress some people, that's only until you buy one & try it.
    5) Battery life is very short
    6) The audio controls are marginal
    7) The overall build quality & slider action are identical to your average free slider phone, quick to loosen up & begin to get wobbly

Remember this assessment is coming from me, a person that owns one & is honest enough to admit it's faults.

Completely unlike some people who would avoid being honest & admit they dropped a lot of cash for a phone that is mediocre at best.

This, once again proves that you cannot rely on other journalists reviews since you have no idea what there adgenda is.

I have owned mine for several months, thus I speak from first hand experience. Not only as a owner, but as a long time Nokia advocate. Unfortunately today, while Nokia has quite a few phones to offer, their quality & functionality are a shadow of their once great achievements

via Red BB 8310 Curve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast