Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, just go to radiobee.com and install it on your 8100 pearl. Then you can ... General Blackberry forum

vidals no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: police scanner

Advertisement

Yes, just go to radiobee.com and install it on your 8100 pearl. Then you can listen to any police scan that plays mp3. Here is one for San Diego:

San Diego PD/FD
    75.80.190.209:8000

LLPRODENT no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b2227d

every time i try to add to beeradio i get air and it says scanning

keithle06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

For the record, its not illegal to have the scanners, most states make it illegal to have in ur vehicle though, (I do) lol, there's a few laws like, you can't tell anyone what u hear on them, or, you can't use what u hear on them as a benneft to u. That is a cool idea though ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jhowle
    well lets think about this question logically. Scanners are able to operate on a broad range of frequency and pick up any radio signal that comes within the antenna within it's range of frequencys. A cell phone such as GSm only operate on anywhere from 800 900 1800 1900. The higher the frenqency the better the signal quality. The main reason that they don't operate on 800 or 900 mhz in the states because that is the old police band and also emergency vehicles and dispatchers operate on it. These days cops operate in the GHZ range far above what cell phones do making it impossible for cell phones to interfer with there radio traffic. Also radios these days now operate on what is called trunking systems which means most of the radio traffic is handled via lan cables and computer server operated radio switchs which encrypt and decrypt the signals based on a key that is loaded into all radio within the net it is operating everything from the base station to the unit is cars and emergency vehicles and even the hand held brick radio. Scanners anymore unlss designed to pick up trunked radio traffic large don't pick up anything anymore. Basically you can't put a police scanner on a cell phone because they don't operate within or around the frequency band that ppolice radios do an also cell phones maintain a connection to a tower the same way a wifi network does.
    Actually law enforcement doesn't use the GigaHertz range. The Trunking Radio you referred to uses the 800 megaHertz range...Most agencies have been using this for awhile. All scanners built after 1986 were modified not to receive cellphones. Some enthusiasts were able defeat this. Now the frequency range is removed by software so it isn't capable of restoring it. Pretty Soon there will be a rebanding of Law enforcement frequencies so that there will be no further problems with cellphones. Check this out if you have any further questions about scanning www.RadioReference.com

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Well, like was said earlier...If the LE is dumb enough to put streaming MP3 on the web, then obviously people are going to find them.

Just like with radio bee...I have 6 different police department scanners coming thru my speakerphone on the Blackberry...Hah...If it's Illegal or they don't want it done, then don't put it out there.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Most agencies do not put them on the web..if they do its time delayed and stopped when something occurs of a specific sensitive nature. How they do get on the web, people who are private listeners connect their scanners to the web via www.shoutcast.com or another type of server.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by ASIk
    is there a way to put a police scanner on a BB 7100i?
    if you can how ?
    I have to admit...it's not a bad idea. Technology is ever expanding and to say this never would come to fruition...I don't know. Anything is possible.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I had my ear cut halfway off, regret asking?

How much do police scanners cost, are they illegal to have?
    WHOA!!!

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ASIk
    i dont knowjust sounds like an cool idea and im in to raceing cars and police bust my balls alot and im kinda cheep and dont feel like buying a real scanner?
    Besides the obivious injurys etc, how would a person live with ones self after seriously injuring or killing another. I see hundreds of people a year who are messed up, just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    JUST BUY A PORTABLE SCANNER

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ***BE AWARE***

A CAR CRASH WHILE RACING MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR BLACKBERRY!

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3
    I would like a po po radio feed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12