Please think outside of North America, and make sure the next BB that comes out ... General Blackberry forum

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

pleasssse rim i beg you because i love u

Advertisement

Please think outside of North America, and make sure the next BB that comes out is 3.5G HSDPA or at least 3G world band. I think I am the only person on pinstack, who only knows 4 other people that own BB's. And 2 of those 4 people I had to badger and harrass for months until they gave in and bought them. People here aren't willing to pay that much for a blackberry and on top of that have to step down to edge.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: pleasssse rim i beg you because i love u

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you could say that about iphone!yet people still buy that and have less functionality than most smart phones on the market!
    I'll be surprised if 3G actually increases the browsing speeds that much with all the compression blackberry has!

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: pleasssse rim i beg you because i love u

Quote Originally Posted by benritmeyer View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you could say that about iphone!yet people still buy that and have less functionality than most smart phones on the market!
    I'll be surprised if 3G actually increases the browsing speeds that much with all the compression blackberry has!

In the states, I would agree with you because when I was in L.A. in Oct I noticed that the 3G networks are not very reliable. However here, I have never been outside and not had 3.5G HSDPA and rarely anything less than edge indoors, except for on my BB 8800 which gives me GPRS indoors.

I am willing to bet money that in Europe, Asia and the Mid East, 80% of iphone owners are/will be kids/teens/non business individuals.

If you are correct about the compression issue, then you just ruined my day because I will not be buying any BB's in the future. And I wish rim the best of luck in markets where 3, 3.5G is doing well. You don't see many BB's here, and the only ones you do see are because the only data packages are available for BB's here, and they are dirt cheap. That's how they got me.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 12-19-2007 at 03:39 AM.