Ok, I'm really confused. There are so many models of the Blackberry, how can anyone ... General Blackberry forum

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6

Please shed some light!!!

Advertisement

Ok, I'm really confused. There are so many models of the Blackberry, how can anyone possibly understand them all? For rxample, I have an 8100 but Ive also seen references to 8100c, 8100tm, 8110, 8120. So here's my real problem. My 8100 is running 4.2.0.71 and the platform is 2.20.0.41. My phone seems to be working fine. Should I upgrade?What are the benifits?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    well 8100c is just the Cingular/AT&T version of the device, the 8100tm is tmobile i believe but is still the same device. The 8110 is a similar device with some added stuff like a better camera and GPS. The 8120 is the same as the 8110 except it does not have GPS but it has WiFi.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by kenvan60 View Post
    Ok, I'm really confused. There are so many models of the Blackberry, how can anyone possibly understand them all? For rxample, I have an 8100 but Ive also seen references to 8100c, 8100tm, 8110, 8120. So here's my real problem. My 8100 is running 4.2.0.71 and the platform is 2.20.0.41. My phone seems to be working fine. Should I upgrade?What are the benifits?
    Hi kenvan!

First of all Welcome to PinStack.com !

I would encourage you to browse around here on the forum as there is a lot of good information about BlackBerrys of every model.

Here is a link ( below) directly to Research In Motion or RIM, the makers of the BlackBerry. The link will take you to a page that compares the Pearl models you are asking about and answer your most specific questions.

As far as upgrading is concerned, if you really need the features on the new Pearl models, then yes by all means upgrade. If however you are happy with yours, you may want to keep it and save some money.

Be sure to check back with us, as we are here to insure you enjoy our PinStack forum, and are happy to answer your questions.

Compare Pearls

Cheers!
    archer
    Last edited by archer6; 04-23-2008 at 04:46 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    like Archer said, you will learn volumes if you're on here just a month. Welcome!

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    you can always upgrade your OS for free!!
    All's Fair in Love and TAGGING!!!

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Find out whether there is good reason to upgrade, too. On my previous BB upgrades provided features I had no use for, but also made the device a bit slower. I never upgraded; I kept the original OS throughout its lifetime and never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gkast1 View Post
    Find out whether there is good reason to upgrade, too. On my previous BB upgrades provided features I had no use for, but also made the device a bit slower. I never upgraded; I kept the original OS throughout its lifetime and never had a problem.
    ------------
    Thank you for bringing up a great, specific reason to _not_ upgrade!

This follows along the lines of my suggestion above to only upgrade if the OP needed the features on the newer models. And yet what I enjoyed about this post is the _very_valuable & specific suggestion that you highlighted about not upgrading just for the sake of it. When indeed if everything is working well, there is no reason to mess with it. Nice post!

Cheers!
    via: BlackBerry 8310

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ------------
    Thank you for bringing up a great, specific reason to _not_ upgrade!

This follows along the lines of my suggestion above to only upgrade if the OP needed the features on the newer models. And yet what I enjoyed about this post is the _very_valuable & specific suggestion that you highlighted about not upgrading just for the sake of it. When indeed if everything is working well, there is no reason to mess with it. Nice post!

Cheers!
    via: BlackBerry 8310

Thank you... you are absolutely right, an upgrade cannot be all things to all people. From past experience, it pays to be critical rather than jump head-first into it!

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    Thanks to all. I have been lurking here awhile, but was afraid to show my stupidity. I'm a Real Estate broker in MD and rely heavily on my 8100, AND IT WORKS FINE!!!
    I'm gonna take everyone's advice...."If it ain't broke-Don't fix it!"

Quote Originally Posted by kenvan60 View Post
    I'm a Real Estate broker in MD and rely heavily on my 8100, AND IT WORKS FINE!!!
    "
    -------
    Sounds good, glad that you are happy with your 8100.

To get the maximum from your BlackBerry take advantage of all the useful information on this site. You have found the single best place to help you enjoy your BB to the fullest.

Cheers!

via: Red BB 8310