Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Fellow Blackberry users -- can you please send a PIN message to my stolen Rogers ... General Blackberry forum

  1. #1
    gallowj's Avatar
    gallowj no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10

    Smile Please PIN my stolen Blackberry

    Advertisement



    Fellow Blackberry users -- can you please send a PIN message to my stolen Rogers 8310 Blackberry?

    I have reported it as stolen to the police a week and a half ago. I note that it is now accepting PIN messages so its likely found a new buyer....

    The PIN number is 20652CC0

    Am requesting that the holder contact gallowjj@gmail.com

    Appreciated!

    If you are unsure how to send a PIN message:

    1. Select the Compose icon (the open envelope and pencil).
    2. In the "To:" list, scroll to the correct contact. Click the trackwheel to display a drop-down menu for the contact.
    3. Select PIN from the menu for the contact.
    4. Compose your message, and send it as usual.

    When the message is sent, it will be routed using the PIN rather than the email address.

    Any other tips on how I should handle this would be appreciated. Have already filed police report as noted and assume that because I have an existing BIS account with that IMEI and PIN it cannot be re-registered under another carrier correct??

  2. #2
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    3,242
    Sorry about your phone, unfortunately the phone can be registered with a dif carrier even I guess with same carrier, I'm saying this cause it happens to me and now the phone is being used I did the same you are trying just to found the new owner won't give it back to me...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  3. #3
    gallowj's Avatar
    gallowj no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Sorry about your phone, unfortunately the phone can be registered with a dif carrier even I guess with same carrier, I'm saying this cause it happens to me and now the phone is being used I did the same you are trying just to found the new owner won't give it back to me...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Can be registered.... with the exception of BIS usage correct? So they cannot use the device to send / receive emails right?

    As a test I've gone onto different carriers via BIS login and note that a message is displayed when attempting to register that IMEI / PIN.

  4. #4
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    3,242
    But if the new owner is smart enough can be done...
    Hopefuly he/she isn't, but make sure you don't clear it...unless you get an answer, wish you are luckier than me, keep us posted...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  5. #5
    rashard's Avatar
    rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Posts
    1,201
    bbm works on data through bis or bes, so if they get bbm, they can set up email ?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

    BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>


  6. #6
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    3,242
    Bbm works trough data and pins as well, can get it trough BES...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  7. #7
    hotfairy87's Avatar
    hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    Posts
    75
    i thought blackberrys had gps ? do you think the police will use the gps to find it? or are the police just lazy? well anyhow i dont think your going to get it back they are right it found it self a new blackberry user and there is nothing you can do .. i lost my curve at the bus stop and nothing yet i know the feeling it sucks right.. well good luck and finding it..

  8. #8
    jblackfish's Avatar
    jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,116
    I wonder if the carrier and the police could work together to locate it? Of course, one stolen phone is a rather small issue to the police OR your carrier. I'm sure this happens all the time and probably take more resources than either one has to give it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

  9. #9
    Schirripal's Avatar
    Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Posts
    585
    that sucks real bad bro sorry to hear about that
    RedCurv07

  10. #10
    gallowj's Avatar
    gallowj no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I wonder if the carrier and the police could work together to locate it? Of course, one stolen phone is a rather small issue to the police OR your carrier. I'm sure this happens all the time and probably take more resources than either one has to give it.
    Oh they could. IMEI exist in virtually all cellphone markets and a system is in place to block any cell phone based on IMEI at various carriers.....

    However the carriers are driven by profit and they do NOT typically do IMEI blocking. Rogers for instance does IMEI blocking only if display cellphones are stolen from their stores. When a customer loses their phone they simply nuke the SIM card.

    Why do they do this you might ask?

    Don't forget that in so doing their customer will have to get a new cell phone from somewhere... and odds are they will purchase from the same carrier.

    Such is the nature of the business and if you investigate this you will find most carriers are driven by the same thing - GREED.

    Protect your devices and work every angle you can. Lock your BlackBerries with an appropriate "Owner" message -- consider using a hot glue gun to fix your SIM card within the device or addition of screws to the back.

  11. #11
    sooner's Avatar
    sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,092
    However ATT will not.

    Read my thread stolen bold.
    Last edited by sooner; 05-12-2009 at 10:31 PM.

    iLord is DEAD!


  12. #12
    waldog's Avatar
    waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    Posts
    207
    I pinned and told them they're using a stolen/lost product. And told them to please contact you.

  13. #13
    BiggDaddyDutch's Avatar
    BiggDaddyDutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by gallowj View Post
    Oh they could. IMEI exist in virtually all cellphone markets and a system is in place to block any cell phone based on IMEI at various carriers.....

    However the carriers are driven by profit and they do NOT typically do IMEI blocking. Rogers for instance does IMEI blocking only if display cellphones are stolen from their stores. When a customer loses their phone they simply nuke the SIM card.

    Why do they do this you might ask?

    Don't forget that in so doing their customer will have to get a new cell phone from somewhere... and odds are they will purchase from the same carrier.

    Such is the nature of the business and if you investigate this you will find most carriers are driven by the same thing - GREED.

    Protect your devices and work every angle you can. Lock your BlackBerries with an appropriate "Owner" message -- consider using a hot glue gun to fix your SIM card within the device or addition of screws to the back.
    I work for a Rogers retailer, they are completely involved in IMEI blocking. I have personally turned away unlocked GSM phones. It's a rough go now to get a stolen phone activated. There are over 40 networks enrolled on this IMEI block list. This is huge now, Carriers have had enough. Think about it, yes carriers are driven on profit that they get from rate plans, well they also get profit from handset sales. Yes they are smaller profits on handsets but still a profit none the less. There fore if they are activating unlocked GSM phones then they are not selling enough of their OWN handsets, hence the IMEI blocking list.
    Cheers
    BiggDaddy
    my thumbs hurt.......

  14. #14
    Kyo0tdemon's Avatar
    Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    995
    I'm sorry to hear that. Hope the recipient of all these "Please return to rightful owner" PINS are annoying the heck out of the person and eventually that person will contact you and return it to you. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

  15. #15
    explorer125's Avatar
    explorer125 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    208f1fc5
    Posts
    111
    Pin sent good luck bro
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •