Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi there, so i have this 7750 black berry, and my contract with Telus is ... General Blackberry forum

sarg2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPP!

Advertisement

Hi there, so i have this 7750 black berry, and my contract with Telus is over!...anyway, as we most of us now that telus phones have no SIM CARD slot. So my question is, is there a way thhat i can connect my BB to my computer using a its USB. And browse the internet at the same time??
    Meaning can i connect it to my LAN network through a usb cable.
    PLEASE help, i need to backup my data, and i really need to fix the internet thing...so any smart guys willing to help outthere?
    thanks

Garrison no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DA5687

Re: PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPP!

I would use the backup feature built in BB Desktop Manager via USB and backup your contacts and applications. Then you can restore your data through BB Desktop Manager to using your back/restore icon.
    Have you seen my stapler?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am not sure about using the device as a modem but you can backup and restore data as described above.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Sarg. I hope this solution works for you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

sarg2000, Welcome to PinStack.

You say your contact is over, does that mean you are thinking about upgrading or are planning on continuing to use your BB on a month to month basis without extending your Contract?

And for the LAN thing, are you wanting to browse the internet using PC, through your BB as a modem?

Trying to understand what help I can offer.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Telus does allow for tethered modem access to the net, but be warned: it will be S L O W, even with EVDO, which I don't think your device supports, it will be similar to dial-up. Plus, Telus does not offer unlimited data on any plan, so you will likely go well over your limit using it as an internet connection for your computer (current maximum plan available with Telus is 300 MB / month).

Where do you live? If you're done with Telus, have you considered switching to another provider? If you threaten to leave Telus, they may likely offer you a much better deal to keep you. Even if you have no intention of leaving, threaten anyway!!

The Stack-man "Sn1p3r" is a Telus dealer and on the stacks daily. He will likely be along shortly to set you straight where I have led you astray.

(Salut Sn1p3r! J'ai raison parce que je n'ai jamais raison, n'est-ce pas? Tu aimes corriger moi! )

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Je souhaite que je pourrais toujours avoir raison et ne jamais obtenir corrigé, mais il n'est pas d'ętre !
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

wow what happened to the text on jaded? Jaded can you put that in english for those of us cant read..........................lol

PIN/ID
    203B4165

are you kidding me? lol. I was 3 sheets to the wind when i wrote that. no way am i translating my own french .. might have said something naughty. *rolling eyes*

hehe... hmmm.. hope not seriously.. <blush>
    Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

serviceone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4014cd35

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as for using your phone as a tethered modem its possible with all blackberries but as for speed it will be 19k slower than AOL and you will use your monthly allowed data if you spend more than 2 hours tethered

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Do yourself a favour back up your info by syncing with Outlook pretty straight forward, then make your way into options on the BB, security and wipe handheld. By all accounts and RIM has admitted to it the 7750 was the worst BB created. You can tether it but it's not worth the trouble with that device. You would be far better off especially if your off contract picking up an EV-DO BB eg 7250, 7130e to accomplish what your after.

cowan3789 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2045A41A

the morale of the story .......Telus should change their motto to - "the future is NOT friendly". lol

"if at first you don't succeed,
    destroy all evidence that you
    tried"

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

And why hasn't PETA (or something similar) done something about those freakishly annoying animal ads!! ??

PIN/ID
    203B4165

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

And why hasn't PETA (or something similar) done something about those freakishly annoying animal ads!! ??
    What freakishly annoying animal ads? I dont get to see much TV..LOL

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Telus has ads which only have animals. First it was a pig. Then a hippo. I think parrots were the craze for a spell.

Now they're into monkeys.

You can't open your eyes without seeing those stupid ads!

Tv, print, billboards, movies! They're everywhere!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast