Greetings, I have used Blackberrys for calenders and notepads for several years, but because I ... General Blackberry forum

ricbw no está en línea Stack level 1

Please forgive my ignorance but...

Advertisement

Greetings,
    I have used Blackberrys for calenders and notepads for several years, but because I have had a Nextel phone and worked for a company that does not use blackberries, I've never used the email function.
    Well, I decided to give it a try. I have signed up for a Blackberry plan with ATT for my (please don't laugh) 6280. I like the monochrome screen and don't want it for anything but email and sms so it works for me. SMS works great, but my big question is: If I don't have access to a BES, is there any way to use my 6280 for email? Thanks for reading my post. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Rick

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Please forgive my ignorance but...

If you have a BlackBerry Data Plan, you should be able to log into:
    http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    and create a User ID and password for yourself. Hit the [Create New Account] button. The User ID you create will also become your BlackBerry's email address - newuser@mycingular.blackberry.net (it may be slightly different since it's now AT&T and not Cingular).

Creating the account is slightly easier to do on the BlackBerry. The account creation process involves entering your BlackBerry's IMEI and PIN. If you use your BlackBerry, the IMEI should be entered automatically - possibly even the PIN.

Once you've created the account - do NOT use the @mycingular.blackberry.net email address! You have no access to this email other than on your BlackBerry, and unless you forward the email to another account, once it's gone from the BlackBerry, it's gone forever. The account also has NO Spam filtering, so if you start to get Spam on that email address, your only recourse is to allow specific email addresses or Domains email to be forwarded to the device, and block all other email.

Once you've created the account, go to the web site on a computer and set up other email accounts. Gmail and Yahoo seem to work best, but most POP and IMAP email accounts should work. Just click the [Set Up Account] button and follow the prompts. For each account you set up (up to 10) you should receive an email confirming that the account was set up.

Good luck.
    JerryD

ricbw no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Please forgive my ignorance but...

thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes... I really appreciate your taking the time to help out.
    Best regards,

Rick

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

you`re forgiven.
    welcome to the stacks!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

Optimus Prime no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D79240

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

6280? I haven't even been alive long enough to even have heard of that thing... Well I (OP) have, but the guy typing this is only 17.