I work in an engineering office in Columbia, SC. I eagerly anticipated the arrival of ... General Blackberry forum

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Please be Cautious When Using Your BB in Sight of Others

Advertisement

I work in an engineering office in Columbia, SC. I eagerly anticipated the arrival of the 8830 to Sprint, and had one soon after they were released.

My manager works remotely alot like I do, so it's rare we're in the office at the same time. Last week we were both here, and I went over to his office to talk about some projects I'm doing.

During the conversation, he asked me how I liked my new 8830. I pulled it from the holster, and handed it to him. He looked it over carefully, asked about new features, etc, and then handed it back. The last words he said about BlackBerry's was something like, "I'm just going to keep my 7520; it's still working well, and if I change out anything, it will be my phone".

Yesterday, I got an email from him asking about the ordering/activation process when going from Nextel to Sprint. I replied with the information and asked if he were going to get an 8830.

"My BlackBerry has been "acting up", so I'm going to replace it". Ahem..............

Yesterday, the new 8830 arrived for one of the managers downstairs (his eyes twinkled when I first showed him mine), and his boss is now trying to figure out how he can upgrade his 8703e without having to pay full retail (upgraded to this device less than six months ago).

If you're the owner of a shiny new 8830, or 8300, or Pearl, or any of the other newer BlackBerrys, please use them responsibly when in the public view. Work Stoppage, Huddling About, Impromptu Q&A Sessions, the phone banks of Telesales, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc being flooded with new orders are just a few of the consequences of not doing so.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Re: Please be Cautious When Using Your BB in Sight of Others

lol! great post!
    And it's true. Since I work for Rogers, I'm proud to show off my new toys, and handing out business cards while I'm at it!
    "I see you have a 7290, check this out *hand over my Curve* Come see me if you're interested"
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

I know upon seeing my 'Berry in action, I've precipitated more that a few BES sales, let alone new BlackBerrys. Hell, you don't even need to be present to sell a blackberry. Just seeing the default tag line on an email sent from a BlackBerry can cause enough BlackBerry envy.

We get around this at work by just upgrading eveyone every 12 months or so. Cost effective? Probably not. but it cuts down on the number of old devices I need to support. My favorite line is, "I don't want a new BlackBerry. I'm perfectly happy with my current one. In fact I like the old one better (insert comment about the keyboard here)." That lasts about a an hour or so, then the new comment is, "the old one feels so obsolete now.. True. So true.

to ma077146: Everyone needs to do their part to keep the economy going!
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Please be Cautious When Using Your BB in Sight of Others

A lot of people enter my store to look the new 8830 and when I show them mine, they always say "how much?" :P
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by Aroc
    to ma077146: Everyone needs to do their part to keep the economy going!
    True, but short of becoming a sales rep, we should figure out a way to get some credit for the referel!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I have "sold" five BB's----one 8700 and four Curves in the last two months---And I'm not even a rep! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Cricketshay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404019F

Great post! I have converted two of my co-workers. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I converted 5 previous coworkers, 2 friends, my sister, and I've got another coworker and my dad interested. And all I did was just use my BB like I normally do.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

To put it simple...

"Blackberry...It's More Than a Phone...It's A Movement!"

***It's mine...I coined it first!!!***

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

I've "sold" about 5 BBs... coworkers, brother-in-law, my wife... well I just kind of got her one and said "you WILL be an addict damn you!!" Guess what? She is.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Good one.

One I use often is:
    "Hey nice phone"
    "It's not a phone, it's a mobile email solution!"

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~