I have a Sprint 8830, and I downloaded the Gmail java(?) application. At home, I ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Playing .wav files from the Gmail application

Advertisement

I have a Sprint 8830, and I downloaded the Gmail java(?) application. At home, I have a VoIP account that sends me all my voicemails as .wav files. I have these emails forwarded to my Gmail account so that when I am traveling or not at home I know I have a voicemail, and I can also listen to it. So here is my question. My BB receives the .wav file as an attachement via my Gmail account. However, it doesnt appear as if there is any way to listen to it directly from the Gmail application on my BB. If I then forward the email to my work account (which is also on my BB) then I have no problem opening and hearing the .wav voicemail. Is anyone aware of a way to open .wav files directly from the Gmail app without needing to first send it to my BB's built in email client?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

Re: Playing .wav files from the Gmail application

Can you download it from gmail onto your bb and then play it? Or is that what you're already doing?

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Playing .wav files from the Gmail application

No, the Gmail application doesnt allow you to download the .wav file as far as I can tell. So far my only option has been to forward the email along to my corporate email and to play it from there.