Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contest #6 - Ultimate Giveaways Answer any three questions below and we will choose the ... General Blackberry forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Pinstack.com contest #6 - Ultimate Giveaways

Advertisement

Contest #6 - Ultimate Giveaways

Answer any three questions below and we will choose the lucky winners based on what we deem as the best replies. These winners will be featured in the Blackberry FAQ database and in another thread to be posted with a poll. Stackers will vote on who they think is THE Pin Stacker who is most helpful to new and existing members during the course of the contest - starting today!

Five winners will receive a free PINStack Member T-shirt at the end of the contest! The five contest winners will be announced and added to a poll this Friday. That poll will close and the 3 top-voted announced on the following Friday (28th April 2006)!

The three winners of that poll will receive the following:
    • 3rd Place winner receives a complimentary copy of QuickIM MSN messenger for Blackberry a $30.00 value from our friends at QuickIM.com.
    To enter the contest...

Reply with your answers to the three following questions:
    1. In the new PinStack Free Blackberry Downloads directory, what files will you likely download the most, themes, software, ringtones or Wallpapers?
    2. If you had to pay $50.00 more for a Blackberry 87xx or 71xx series with a memory expansion slot. Would you be willing to buy and why do you think it is or isn't with it?
    3. If you could suggest one (1) feature, function or improvement for RIM's next Blackberry handheld OS software release what would that be?
    -------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

If you have questions or comments about this contest please post here. This thread should only contain contest replies. Good luck all!

We'd like to thank the following contest sponsors:

BlackBerrySource.com
    and eAccess-eStore.com

Fortte.com - Blackberry Leather cases

QuickIM.com MSN IM
    Last edited by hayden; 04-22-2006 at 01:31 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Questioneer contest #6 - Ultimate Giveaways

1) Software and themes. I am always looking for games, messengers, applications to make using my BlackBerry easier. I download themes because I get tired of staring at my carrier's themes.

2) Yes I would be willing to buy a BlackBerry with an expansion slot. I download a lot of games, apps, etc onto my BlackBerry and actually ran out of file space a week ago and subsequently lost all of my contacts which I got back.

3) I would want the ability to play full mp3 songs on my BlackBerry so I can take it along with me on trips instead of having to take my BlackBerry AND my mp3 player.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

1. In the new PinStack Blackberry Downloads directory, what files will you likely download the most, themes, software, ringtones or Wallpapers?

A: Software, especially since it is all "Freeware" that is being listed there. To me, it is absurd some of the prices that are being charged for programs and games on sites like handago. $5.99 for a game? PLEASE! One of the reasons for buying a blackberry is because the "average joe with java experience" can make programs for it!!!
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    2. If you had to pay $50.00 more for a Blackberry 87xx or 71xx series with a memory expansion slot. Would you be willing to buy and why do you think it is or isn't with it?

A: Yes. In fact that is one of the things on my wishlist. Aside from security issues, I would like to have it so that I wouldn't have to worry about losing too much space on my BB with loading pictures, themes, etc. If it had an expansion slot, then all the pictures could be kept on it rather than the BB, freeing up space for call logs, emails, applications, etc.
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    3. If you could suggest one (1) feature, function or improvement for RIM's next Blackberry handheld OS software release what would that be?

A: The ability to have a seperate lock for the address book, messages, calendar, memo pad and task list. This way if someone ever got ahold of my BB before it was able to go into lock mode (30 minutes), then they wouldn't be able to access these files either. Maybe I am paranoid and thats really not needed, but I have some nosey co-workers that I don't want to know what I have on my BB, such as reports about them and whatnot.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

1. I would download software and themes more than anything. I am always looking for new software to add to my productivity and with the themes I am always changing up the look of my blackberry because I like to include my own personal style with everything that I own.

2. I would definitly pay for an expansion slot. I could keep all the non-critical item on the SD card. I don't like to use up all my memory on games and themes when I could keep them on the card.

3. I would choose either MP3s or upgraded memory. I know that the memory that the 8700 has now is cool but since I don't have the capability for an expansion slot, more memory would be awsome

jaxplanner no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pinstack.com contest #6 - Ultimate Giveaways

1. Software...But not the same old, same old...There are plenty of forums and if you spend anytime in them, you will find a lot of the same. Since Pin Stack is "where Blackberry Professionals Connect", it would be nice to harness the brain power of our members to create a download section that is fresh, new, and contains software you won't find anywhere else. It could be software written by members, unique, one of a kind stuff. However, don't throw the baby out with the bath water, include the popular software too, but categorize it to make finding what you need easier to locate, for example, one section could be for software for the newbie, software that no bb user would leave home without...

2. Yes, $50 is a small price to pay for expansion capabilities. However, it would only be worth it if you could run applications from it and had a good file manager to access and manage your files.

3. The best improvement I can think of would be in the area of syncing to your PC. While the desktop manager software is ok, it seems like it is not updated very often and there are problems if you happen to be on the latest and greatest email handling software, but the desktop software is not written for that version, as is the case with Groupwise 7. With the advances in MP3 players and USB flash drives, it seems most USB connected devices today are very close to plug and play. I think the syncing should be more intuitive. Hey the blackberry is so intuitive in so many ways. That's why I prefer it over other devices. Why not build that into the syncing process?

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

1. themes, software
    2. Hell yeah I would pay an extra 50$ one once your BB memory gets low it gets slow.. and 2 then you could install a MP3 player on the device.
    3. Video playback capability

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

1. Themes the most. I like to change it up every so often. Once I get my 8700 I will have to download all new ones.
    2. I would probably pay $50.00 more for the extra memory. It would be nice to have in case I needed it. I always worry I have too much stuff on my BB and it would help stop that.
    3. This is hard. I would like to be able to move all my stuff from my old BB to my new one - such as my BB messenger people. I do not save the PINs in my address book so I can not save them to my SIM card. I have almost 50 PINS in there I will have to manually move over to my new phone
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

1) Software. Personalization only gets so fun. It's the functionality that makes the Blackberry sexy. People always say "Man, you've got everything on there, don't you!" and it's so true. From email to web, looking up anything, games, maps, etc. And with J2ME, there's no end to what can be done on a Blackberry. Limited only by imagination and hardware restrictions.

2) Heck, I'd pay $100 bucks extra for an 8700 with a SD slot. Especially if they add a camera or MP3 player to a future model, it only makes sense. But for now it would leave room for more applications, portability of files with easier transfer, and also secure removable storage.

3) Ability to transfer files direct from pc to BB. I know it sounds simple and there's better ideas, I'm sure. But it's just a pain to have to email everything one way or the other. Now if it was a hardware upgrade...that's a different story.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

1. Most likely I would DL themes and ringtones!~

2. I would purchase the 8700 and the memory expansion slot will be very useful for storage.

3. With all the cell phone battles about mp3 player and megapixels, I would like to see the newer blackberry devices with full mp3 play back with a built-in digital camera. That would be very kool!~
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Contest #6 discussion

1. Software

2. Yes I would buy it. Worth it, depending on what it can be used for. I don't feel I'm short of memory currently, but would like to have an integrated "USB memory stick" function even if that didn't give me access to secure data on my BB

3. Timed profiles. I'm forever forgetting to switch the device out of 'quiet' mode after a meeting or whatever. Like my simple Nokia phone, I want to be able to say 'use this profile until hh:mm'

W

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

1. THEMES!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
    2. YES!!!!! I do not know why it isn't with it....Now if you meant why it is or isnt worth it, then that is a different story. It is worth it due to the fact that it makes it more like a computer, and removes some of the software limitations you run into due to file space.
    3. Camera!!!! I wish I could take pics of my little boy at the park without having to carry both my BB and my digital camera.
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

1. In the new PinStack Free Blackberry Downloads directory, what files will you likely download the most, themes, software, ringtones or Wallpapers?
    I would download the themes the most. Although I'm always on the lookout for good software, preferably free software, but good software is worth paying for.
    1. If you had to pay $50.00 more for a Blackberry 87xx or 71xx series with a memory expansion slot. Would you be willing to buy and why do you think it is or isn't with it?
    I would pay $50.00 more for an expansion slot. I think it gives more potential for the future, bigger and better programs.

1. If you could suggest one (1) feature, function or improvement for RIM's next Blackberry handheld OS software release what would that be?
    I think having an option to view the history of the browser would be a valuable addition. Sometimes I can't recall where I saw something and have to re-navigate there.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    1. Definitely productivity software. Themes as well.
    2. I would absolutely love a removeable memory card slot or even the ability to use a USB flash drive to move files or pictures around. 50 bucks? Where can I sign up!!!
    3. The one function I would love to see added is the ability to attach files or pictures stored on the Blackberry to emails. This would go hand in hand to removeable storage. I would be able to store all my files on the card and email any of them at any time!!!!

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

1. I would download something from all 4 directories: Wallpaper, Ringtones, Themes, and Software. However leading up to the answer to the next question the BB does not have enough memory, and that was one of my problems initially when I had added wallpaper, ringtones etc my bb ran out of memory so I had to delete most everything...

2. Yes! I definately would buy a BB with an expansion slot, because then you could save everything to the memory card and leave the BB memory intact for other things..I asked that question when I spoke to a CSR that works for RIM "they say the reason the BB does not have the expansion slot was because it was a security issue"! I guess a lot of government officials/employees are and were using the BB's so they did not think it was a good idea at the time..but now I m not so sure!

3. To be able to put any type of sounds/music etc you want on it...also the expansion slot is a definate plus....and of course the voice dialer, not to mention a software to warn you when you are running out of memory, a reset pin instead of freaking pulling the battery or a short cut to do a hard reset...CTRL+ALT+DEL maybe? The ability to move icons from subscreens to home screen, You think?!

csteinhardt no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Pinstack.com contest #6 - Ultimate Giveaways

Reply with your answers to the three following questions:

THEMES

I don't see that as essential now - Blackberry is very conservative with memory. But if they put a camera on the 8700 - then I would want to place photos on the memory card.

Ahhh... to synchronize / view shared (or separate mulitple) contact and calendar folders. My Blackberry is part of a BES and MS Exchange installation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast