Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New 8130 here. I support 12 docs with little time to "learn" the 8830. We ... General Blackberry forum

dabagboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3191c943

pins & BB messenger

Advertisement

New 8130 here. I support 12 docs with little time to "learn" the 8830. We moved from treos to BB.

1. Is there an easy way to add a PIN to an existing address?

2.I have to admit I really don't understand BB messenger?Can someone please explain why I would use that vs email?It won't pin? What is great about it?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You can add a PIN under the users address under the PIN label.

BB Messenger is a BB to BB messaging system that does not use SMS. It is not logged by any carrier and is specific to BB. PIN to PIN messaging is just to have conversations that will last longer than a text message or two and it is quicker.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea PIN to PIN are definite address' for each bb device. using an email for bb messenger isnt the best bc if the user changes or deletes that email address for that bb, then you wont be able to communicate with them anymore. a PIN is permanent for each bb

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    In addition to the comments above, many service providers offer "unlimited" Internet and e-mail plans with their BlackBerry devices - on such a plan, you will likely get charged for text/multimedia messaging, but if you're talking to a fellow BlackBerry user, you can get around this using BlackBerry Messenger, because it uses your device's native Internet connection!

It's extremely handy if you have a partner, friends or collegues that you talk to regularly, who also happen to own a BlackBerry device...

BlackBerry Messenger also has the benefit of being able to specify your busy/free status, so you're not rudely interrupted when you would rather not be (as would be the case with most other forms of messaging).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well i have unlimited messaging and data usage, so really it doesnt matter. i used some 15,000+ texts last month and roughly 90mb of data

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    FIFTEEN THOUSAND TEXT MESSAGES???

Holy crap - I couldn't do that in a YEAR, let alone a MONTH!!!

Dude, you really need to get out more...

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    thats the funny thing, i do get out! hence why i have a blackberry lol. its called mobility on the fly. i am an IT tech. i get atleast 150 work emails a day as well texts. honestly i barely talk on my phone besides i am trying to set a record, hehe i wanna see if i could hit 30,000 texts in a month

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Mate, good luck with that - if I got half as many messages as you do I think I'd wanna throw my phone as far as I could! LOL

You should get in touch with Guiness, make it official... You'd have to be pretty close to a record with that many texts.

Be sure to let us all know if you do set any records (especially seeing as you're using a BlackBerry)...

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    I just checked the guiness site. check it out

Deepak Sharma went on record with the Guinness Book for having sent the most SMS messages in a single month: 182,689. We're not sure if that's total, or unique messages, but if you'd like us to break that down for you, that's about 6,100 messages a day, 253 an hour, 4.2 a minute, or a new one every 14 seconds or so.

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    I used to manage a cell phone store and one day this father brought his daughter's bill in - it was BIG (REALLY big) and for our own curiosity, we worked out how many messages she'd have to be sending a day/hour/minute, etc...

It worked out to be almost the same figures as what you quoted above (it was a message about every 20 seconds if I remember correctly)!

I don't think her father was too interested in setting any records though... LOL

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well i have unlimited data and text, so yea i am gonna try and break that record now

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Can't wait to see the anouncement on PinStack!

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    lol i need to do some brainstorming today and decide how i am going to set this up. hehe i am all giddy now bc i know i am destroy that record

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Get in touch with an Admin and/or start a thread about this - maybe they'll announce you're gonna try for this and/or support you on this...

It would be good to get the Community behind you.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    thats the funny thing, i do get out! hence why i have a blackberry lol. its called mobility on the fly. i am an IT tech. i get atleast 150 work emails a day as well texts. honestly i barely talk on my phone besides i am trying to set a record, hehe i wanna see if i could hit 30,000 texts in a month
    Haha.. that is awesome. I hope you hit your record high. I use more data than txt given that I've only purchased the 1,500 plan. However, should I decide to "race" ya, I'll go ahead and get the unlimited. LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast