Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Anyone know how to use PIN to send an image ?? Can't figure it out ... General Blackberry forum

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Anyone know how to use PIN to send an image ?? Can't figure it out so far..

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Here are my thoughts.....

1. ability to send images without incurring MMS charges.

Rcbjr.
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The pics have to be on either the device memory or a media card. Click on Menu then Send A File. Then find the pic you want and Send to BBMessenger Contact. Send to the contact you want.

digdoug no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D73DE7
    I guess I'm one of the one's missing out. I've got only about three friends who have bb's and they're not willing to give it a shot. I'd really like to see how it goes. Price isn't an iissue,as with alltel in the US I have unlimited data and sms. Still no mms on my 8830,though. If anyone wants to pin me,it's in my profile.

cubiche29 no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah..... he's right.....
    Rcbjr's descripton, tells all out !!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Except that I need to make it clear, Images and Video can only be sent using the PIN Transport though the Blackberry Messenger Contact method.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Here are my thoughts.
    1. Ability to use Pin to Pin Internationally from anywhere you have a connection
    2. No limit on length before incurring multiple message charges
    3. No need to provide Phone Number to strangers
    4. Doesn't use Carriers SMS portal, Only the Tower to RIM network connection.
    5. Doesn't require SMS Message Package on Account, therefore no addional costs.
    6. Reliable messaging to BB user no matter which carrier they have or if their carrier has SMS capability/restrictions or not.
    7. ability to send images without incurring MMS charges.
    Rcbjr.
    Exactly my reasons. My principle BB's are on Rogers Wireless. My company BB's are on Telus and my wife is on Telus. Telus is notorious for the "we'll get your SMS out when we feel like it" mentality. When I send a message I want it to go NOW... Not when the Telus network feels like delivering it. I have never seen a PIN take more than a few seconds to go through. There is nothing worse than the wife walking through the door without my espresso beans, smokes, milk, or whatever and then her BB beeps that the message I sent two hours before asking for these items finally comes through.

Since all my drivers are now provided with Curves, my SMS costs have gone down. They are friends. They take advantage of any technology available. They will SMS whether I ask them not to or not. Now they can PIN and I don't blow my stack at phone bill time. We won't go into the safety issues involved LoL.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 12-28-2008 at 07:54 PM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    I see why BB messenger is sucha good choice, I dont have a lot of friends that even have a BB. So thats why SMS works slightly better for me. But if all my friends did have a BB then I'd be set.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    A friend with a BB is a Friend indeed.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    Pins and BBM are somewhat the same but not quite. Pin messages where more useful when bb's first came out. For sometime (before rim caught on) you were able to send pins to another bb without paying for bb service. Most importnatly they were not traceable like e-mails were, (however they are now) so it was a way to be able to talk to fellow workers "off the record".

In the past few years bbm was released which put a user friendly appearance on the PIN function. it reflects a instant message style of mesaging. BBM also allows you to see not only that the message was delivered (check mark with a D), but also if the end user actually read the message (check mark with R).

Other then that PIN messages today are good to keep nonsense messages off of your e-mail servers. they are delievered instantly rather then the sometimes 5-10 minute delay of emails. Its also good for texting when the message will exceed more then 160 characters. so essentially when comapared to SMS, PIN is exactly the same except it allows for more then 160 characters.

Every blackberry has it own PIN # no matter which network your on. a quick way to find out your devices pin is to compose any form of message (mms, sms, pin, email) and in the body type the word mypin -just as you see it, then hit the space bar.

another way is: options-status

hope this helps....
    PIN: 30b44bcc

Loony2nz no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have 15 people in my PIN list. Keeping in touch with family and friends with a BB in this manner...OMG! Freakin' awesome dude!! (my cali surfer imitation..haha)

I also have Instango installed. It's a free IM/Chat prog. like BeeJive. UI needs work but it suffices for a free AIM/MSN/GTalk/Yahoo consolidated chat client.

I have removed SMS from my BB plan all together. why? My BB has an email address. if a dumbphone wants to txt me..send a txt to my BB's BIS email account. XXXXXXXXXX@vzw.blackberry.net. And the best part of using the BIS email account...is the speed. I get notified immediately upon arriving on my server. It's just like an SMS message without incurring SMS charges.

Hope that helps

fortyeighty no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post

Thanks all for feedback -- I had my own thought maybe you could answer. On a BES infrastructure, would PIN messaging enable mass messages from an admin? (i.e. "IT: 911, power outage dallas facility, inbound mail on hold") If so this seems like a very valid use for PIN that would be messy with SMS...
    On the newer BB OS, bb messenger has a new broadcast message feature that would do this to send a message to all your bb messenger contacts.

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    It's encrypted by the blackberry network, is my reason for using it, well I use bbm which sends PIN messages to other bb users, but longer messages PIN messaging is much more effective.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234