Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If you need to message someone who doesn't have a BB, you can use their ... General Blackberry forum

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd

Lightbulb

Advertisement

If you need to message someone who doesn't have a BB, you can use their mobile #'s email address. For example if you know they have Tmo USA its 5555551234@tmomail.net

Here's the thread that lists the rest:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e+number+email

Note; Some of the carrier addresses may be out of date due to mergers and name changes.

Quote Originally Posted by lew2 View Post
    do you really know anyone that has a BB without a decent amount of text messaging/SMS included?

My work Blackberry has no texting included -- actually all SMS is blocked. PIN messaging to others in my group serves the purpose.
    Angry.
    Black.
    Berry.
    User.

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think it all depends on who you are communicating with. For instance.... my wife and can text each other all day if we like without any charges. But a couple of my friends who are on other networks also have blackberries, so we PIN each other because we have unlimited data but not unlimited text messaging. In this case PIN is free and we can talk as much as we want. Also we can all chat together and make it like a chat room if we want.

jlsclarity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31AD1348
    I also heard that during hurricane Katrina when sms was down that rescue teams used PIN successfully to communicate

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I find it easier to PIN via BB Messenger on my 8120. I do use my other 8100 for texting though.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    PIN is a very secure form of messaging. Just ask the Chinese and India's government.

HolidayDre no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't use BBM much simply because I don't know a lot of people with Blackberrys...then the people I do know with them (sister) don't know how to do anything on the phone and do not want to learn or be educated on using it. Plus SMS is just easier in my opinion, plus with the threading its basically the same thing. I have unlimited SMS so there is no benefit to using BBM for me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    In that case you might just have to take the BB from her and show her how to do it LOL I'm on BBMessenger all day so you can add me if you want (my pin is in my profile).

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ever since I owned my first berry, I stop using SMS altogether and so did my friends. I only use SMS during the occasional time where some of my friends don't have a berry and would prefer the iPhone over the berry.

Between calls, sms and bb messenger, 70% of my phone activity is now BB messenger.

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Here are my thoughts.
    1. Ability to use Pin to Pin Internationally from anywhere you have a connection
    2. No limit on length before incurring multiple message charges
    3. No need to provide Phone Number to strangers
    4. Doesn't use Carriers SMS portal, Only the Tower to RIM network connection.
    5. Doesn't require SMS Message Package on Account, therefore no addional costs.
    6. Reliable messaging to BB user no matter which carrier they have or if their carrier has SMS capability/restrictions or not.
    7. ability to send images without incurring MMS charges.

Rcbjr.
    I concur!!!

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jlsclarity View Post
    I also heard that during hurricane Katrina when sms was down that rescue teams used PIN successfully to communicate
    wow, i didnt know that. Thats awesome. Way to go RIM!

DevOmri no está en línea Stack level 1
    well, i dont think that PIN messages are actually free, you should have data charges.
    but its very close to free anyway.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DevOmri View Post
    well, i dont think that PIN messages are actually free, you should have data charges.
    but its very close to free anyway.
    Well, in the US at least, I'm guessing most Blackberry users are likely to have unlimited data plans and not unlimited SMS messaging (although as the unlimited SMS packages become available and prices normalize, this may change). I don't have unlimited SMS (yet), but I do have unlimited data (i.e. 5GB in Verizon's definition), so if I had more friends with BB's, then this might make sense. But as it is, most of my friends and family don't have BB's (and barely know how to work the talky part of a cell phone - I must have been adopted or something given the technological apathy my family has), so for me, both apps sit mostly idle (and my "talky" minutes get used up quickly).
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

curtisbusse2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3083EF48
    11. You have add or accept person and can delete / block there msgs

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Here are my thoughts.
    1. Ability to use Pin to Pin Internationally from anywhere you have a connection
    2. No limit on length before incurring multiple message charges
    3. No need to provide Phone Number to strangers
    4. Doesn't use Carriers SMS portal, Only the Tower to RIM network connection.
    5. Doesn't require SMS Message Package on Account, therefore no addional costs.
    6. Reliable messaging to BB user no matter which carrier they have or if their carrier has SMS capability/restrictions or not.
    7. ability to send images without incurring MMS charges.

Rcbjr.

Wastegate13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249f1af9
    Quote Originally Posted by HolidayDre View Post
    I don't use BBM much simply because I don't know a lot of people with Blackberrys...then the people I do know with them (sister) don't know how to do anything on the phone and do not want to learn or be educated on using it. Plus SMS is just easier in my opinion, plus with the threading its basically the same thing. I have unlimited SMS so there is no benefit to using BBM for me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Here I have to disagree. They are most certainly not the same, not even close. I'll admit that I was spoiled by the iPhone's threaded SMS, which was ripped off from Palm anyway. I do quite a bit of messaging both ways and I prefer PIN through BBM. The conversations are shown on the main screen by person, not every single message I receive in a giant list like SMS. Once you open a conversation in BBM every message you have sent and received is there in descending order just like an IM convo, very easy to keep track of past messages especially since at work I can not always check my phone as soon as it goes off. My dream is that RIM will just copy the entire BBM application and mirror it in the SMS and MMS application.

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E
    Quote Originally Posted by NotYaAverageBro View Post
    I did not know you could pics and video over PIN. That is a very nice option. Regarding the comment about PIN messaging not costing, that is true, but do you really know anyone that has a BB without a decent amount of text messaging/SMS included?
    You can only send video to another BB that has the newest OS (I can't send a video to GF because she still has 4.2 on her curve until Monday)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast