Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think you are special to have a pin...note-only bb users have it...lol... General Blackberry forum

shadrack2002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248906D0

Re: PIN vs. SMS, why?

Advertisement

I think you are special to have a pin...note-only bb users have it...lol

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

IIRC, PIN to PIN is a more secure communication method than SMS. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

You are correct... and simply, it's faster... it's IM on a Berry in essence - - Berry 2 Berry... not to mention NO additional charges or fees, as noted above...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

jayroc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D388CE

How about the fact that you can send pics, music, and vida along with files all for free IF you are sending to another PIN enabled phone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

I for one have had "chats" both via exchange of PIN messages and via SMS's... and both work just fine. As far as I know I don't have the option of using BB Messenger on my 7105t; but as you see it is not missed

IMs like YahooMess, AIM etc came preinstalled and involve extra payment to be used. I never bothered.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Sending SMS just adds up to my bill but PIN messaging (and instant messages) utilizes my monthly allocated data by my carrier of which I never exceeded the monthly data allocated.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

PIN over SMS, agree with s16ri.

Also PIN is new to me.. SMS is so... 1999.

NotYaAverageBro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30C478BE

I did not know you could pics and video over PIN. That is a very nice option. Regarding the comment about PIN messaging not costing, that is true, but do you really know anyone that has a BB without a decent amount of text messaging/SMS included?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes, I don't. I don't need to pay my carrier any extra for SMS. Up until I got my BB I didn't have any use for something that was limited to 160 characters, and didn't allow special characters. Still don't

Rcbjr

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Yes, I don't. I don't need to pay my carrier any extra for SMS. Up until I got my BB I didn't have any use for something that was limited to 160 characters, and didn't allow special characters. Still don't

Rcbjr
    True... Last time I had use for SMS was when my friend and I lost each other at LAX. Her phone isn't a BlackBerry and a telephone call would have gone to Europe and back

lew2 no está en línea Stack level 2

do you really know anyone that has a BB without a decent amount of text messaging/SMS included?

My work Blackberry has no texting included -- actually all SMS is blocked. PIN messaging to others in my group serves the purpose.

gohanssjn no está en línea Stack level 2
    huh, I did not know PIN was completely free.

Time to start using it!

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd
    Another thing the BB messenger will let you do is group messaging/chat. Me and several friends are usually talking all the time. No pin, no bb messenger, not chat.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetProne View Post
    Blackberry Messenger is indeed like aim,msn,yahoo but for all blackberry owners. If you use the search button above you can locate people all over the world. I love it. Real time Chat. Why have aim, msn, yahoo? Because people do. We have BB messenger! If you don't want to use it, DON't. Just don't give out your PIN# so you won't be troubled. Anybody can sms but not everyone can PIN.
    Angry.
    Black.
    Berry.
    User.

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2

PIN for International ..

I have unlimited texting (SMS) with my carrier, but its only for US. If I receive an SMS from Germany, it cost me .20. As I understand it, PIN messaging is free anywhere on the globe. I think this is right. Correct me if I'm mistaken.
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I LOVE PIN messaging on BB Messenger and via Compose PIN messaging. Right now I'm trying to explain to a friend who has an 8100 on T-Mo what all is included in her data package (Minutes and Mail). I don't think the reps there were very smart when explaining all it could do. She thought it counted against her minutes to send any type of data.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast