My friends phones (verizon 8330) for some reason displays every person she PIN's as Brian ... General Blackberry forum

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc

PIN messages display To: Brian???? interesting please read

Advertisement

My friends phones (verizon 8330) for some reason displays every person she PIN's as Brian on the receiver BlackBerry. When she sends the message, she doesn't see anything regarding Brian on her phone until you respond back to her original message (she can scroll through the history of the messages and see the name changed). This has been like this for over 2 years now and has occurred on both her 8830, her first 8330, and now her second 8330....
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go to settings/owner and see if Brian is in the name field. If it is change it or leave blank.

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    checked and there is nothing in that field....
    PIN: 30b44bcc

SassySweet no está en línea Stack level 2

Question weird PIN issue

I have kinda the same issue
    I have a user that recieved a pin from a stranger.. My user pined back the stranger asking who and the stranger wrote back again and my user pined back and when they did my User's name changed to someone elses name in the sent from line
    any idea
    the name that it changed to was NO were in my Users BB or in my company... but did verified with the stranger that this was the name of the person they were trying to Pin...... This is very strange!
    this was a reg Pin to Pin not BB messenger

anyone have any idea Im stuck on this one
    Thanks
    Sassy