Hi, Urgent question, if I sent a pin message last night and it says it ... General Blackberry forum

JSlovesBM no está en línea Stack level 1

Pin Message Sent but not Delivered

Advertisement

Hi,

Urgent question, if I sent a pin message last night and it says it was "sent" but never switched to "delivered" to a person what would cause it to not deliver? Could my pin be blocked by the person? How would I know? Also, if its a system issue on their end, will the message get "delivered" when the system issue is resolved, or would I have to resend it? ANd would the pin message on my end finally show "delivered"?

This morning I sent a pin message to another person without a problem. It was delivered in no time.

Thanks!!

Whatever happened, it was your friend's device and not yours. Either you got blocked (owe them some money?) or they have their device set to not acknowledge receipt. As far as I know, their is no way to determine which it is without giving them a call and asking . . .

Welcome to the Forum!

Nothing happened that I know of to cause for me to be blocked. Is it typical for a message to be considered "sent" and never switch to "delivered" if you're blocked?

In the past the messages have always said delivered so I found it odd that the messages just say sent but never switch to delivered.

I would give them a call or send an SMS and see if they received it - it may be that they have their device set to not acknowledge receipt of messages. However, if you are sending messages to other devices and they are being marked Delivered, whatever problem it is is their device and not yours.

Is there a way to check and see if SMS messages are received other than calling and asking them? If they got the messages, I don't want to look like a psycho. lol

Yes. The setting is in the "SMS" area of Options. Navigating there depends on your OS. If you have 6.0 or newer, open the "Messages" icon, then press the menu key and choose "Options". Scroll down and close to the bottom there is an area named "Text Messaging". When you open that, scroll down and close to the bottom there is a checkbox labeled "Confirm Delivery". On devices with older OS's, find "Options" from the home screen, then scroll down to "SMS" and the option is there.

My settings say I have a delivery report on. How would I know if the message was deliverered? It just shows a check mark next to it. That's what most of text messages have next to it b/c their to non-Verizon users. If I text a Verizon user I get the D, but non Verizon just a check mark. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by JSlovesBM View Post
    My settings say I have a delivery report on. How would I know if the message was deliverered? It just shows a check mark next to it. That's what most of text messages have next to it b/c their to non-Verizon users. If I text a Verizon user I get the D, but non Verizon just a check mark. Is that normal?
    The little D is the indicator that it was delivered. If you are texting Verizon users and getting the D, and all non-Verizon users are not returning the D, then it's a network issue. Sounds like your device is OK, but you may need to call Verizon and see what they say. I would assume, then, that the original person you were trying to bbm is a non-Verizon user. Call big Red!

So one other question for you, if the problem was with the service on their end, would the pin message eventually switch to "delivered" or would it have to be resent?

That would depend on what was blocking the "Delivered" indicator. I still say call or text the person, tell him/her you may be having problems with your phone, "did you receive a PIN message I sent a while ago that said . . . ." That's the best way to find out if they received it I would think

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Yes. The setting is in the "SMS" area of Options. Navigating there depends on your OS. If you have 6.0 or newer, open the "Messages" icon, then press the menu key and choose "Options". Scroll down and close to the bottom there is an area named "Text Messaging". When you open that, scroll down and close to the bottom there is a checkbox labeled "Confirm Delivery". On devices with older OS's, find "Options" from the home screen, then scroll down to "SMS" and the option is there.
    Is that carrier-specific? I have AT&T and am running OS 6. I do not have "Confirm Delivery" in my text message options.

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

You not only do not have "confirm delivery", which would have been "Delivery Report" (under "SMS") and would have been right above "Data Coding", you also don't have the "Notifications" section under MMS, which is "Allow Delivery Confirmation", "Allow Read Confirmation", "Confirm Delivery", and "Confirm Read". I didn't think this would have been carrier specific, but it may - Laura, is your BlackBerry corporate or personal? I smell an IT policy . . . .

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    You not only do not have "confirm delivery", which would have been "Delivery Report" (under "SMS") and would have been right above "Data Coding", you also don't have the "Notifications" section under MMS, which is "Allow Delivery Confirmation", "Allow Read Confirmation", "Confirm Delivery", and "Confirm Read". I didn't think this would have been carrier specific, but it may - Laura, is your BlackBerry corporate or personal? I smell an IT policy . . . .
    My device is personal. I have no IT policies. Then again, I do not care about delivery reports for SMS, and I never use PIN messaging, just BBM.

I was just curious if it was carrier-dependent. I do not even use delivery confirmation for emails, which I could do either through BIS or in Outlook.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611