A recent court case suggests that use of a company Blacberry may wiave attorney client ... General Blackberry forum

johnmorris no está en línea Stack level 1

PIN and Gmail Logging

Advertisement

A recent court case suggests that use of a company Blacberry may wiave attorney client privilege if the company logs the message and company policy states there is to be no personal use. Is there any way a user can send PIN messages that cannot be logged, or at least tell if messages are being logged? Are gmail messages set up as a separate account on the Blackberry ever logged?

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: PIN and Gmail Logging

As far as I know, PIN messages are NOT logged if you are on BIS but could possibly be if you are on BES. As posted in the FAQ I put up yesterday:

Are PIN messages private?
    The answer to this question is, it depends. If you are on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), you should assume none of your data is private as it all goes through the BES. If you are on a BIS, conversations are not stored on the device, so they should be relatively private.
    /~*brooke

johnmorris no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: PIN and Gmail Logging

Thanks. I assume the messages are on a BES. Looking at the BES Policy Reference Guide, appears that messages can bypass the corporate network unless they are blocked.