What do I do?? I just bought a brand new pearl of ebay and I ... General Blackberry forum

jae1221 no está en línea Stack level 1

PIN Already Registered.. Can't set up e-mail

Advertisement

What do I do?? I just bought a brand new pearl of ebay and I really would like to use the email feature, it's actually kinda important to me... Any ideas??? I called ATT and the girl was absolutly clueless as to what language I was speaking. I was wondering if unlocking the phone would reset the pin or alow me to set up the email in anyway....Also... I'm aware of the pros, but are there any cons to a unlocked phone?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: PIN Already Registered.. Can't set up e-mail

jae -- i would try contacting the seller on ebay. apparently it wasn't completely brand new they can call up you carrier to release the PIN.

unlocking it will do nothing but allow you to put different carrier sim cards in it

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

cherri is correct...there is no way to get a new PIN...each PIN is unique to each device much like the VID# on a car...the seller needs to help you out since s/he failed to set you up for success...sorry it sux...good luck and let us know how it goes

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

You need to contact the seller and have him/her cancel their BIS account. That will release the PIN and IMEI so you can use it. The seller has to do it, you can't.

If the account is not paid up, then you are outta luck.

jae1221 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok.. I fixed it.... Just for future reference to any1 this is how you do it. Call your service provider and get in contact with the data services department.... Tell them your situation and your all good... Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by jae1221 View Post
    Ok.. I fixed it.... Just for future reference to any1 this is how you do it. Call your service provider and get in contact with the data services department.... Tell them your situation and your all good... Thanks for the help anyway guys.
    Sorry to tell you, but that will not always work. In fact, in most cases it won't work. The previous owner has to do it. You got lucky and got a knowledgeable/competent CSR.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Yes, you got EXTREMELY lucky.