Hey, i'm using a 8100r, unlocked so i can use it on fido. i'm new ... General Blackberry forum

lamsik no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204F05F1

PIN account exists

Advertisement

Hey,

i'm using a 8100r, unlocked so i can use it on fido.

i'm new to the blackberry world. i have a data plan and i am trying to register my PIN.

I tried registering it through fido.blackbery.com, but everytime i try i get the following message:

The page at bis.na.blackberry.com says:
    An account already exists for this PIN.

if anyone can help me that would be great.

thanks,

lamsik

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: PIN account exists

it means that 1) you were given a refurb or 2) you bought it used and the previous owner hasn't released the PIN.

you would 1) need to contact your carrier or 2) contact the seller to have the PIN released.

PIN/ID
    204F05F1

also, the blackberry was brand new, i bought it from my friend that exchanged his old one for the new one, which rogers sent to him a few days later after he had called them.

PIN/ID
    204F05F1

thanks for the quick reply, i guess it could be a refurb one for all i know.

i have one other question.

if i unlocked it from the rogers carrier, am i able to still use the blackberry service on fido? or do i have to go with rogers inorder to use the blackberry service?

i know that they have their own sites, ie: rogers.blackberry.com and fido.blackberry.com

PIN/ID
    ATA

so you got the new one from rogers?
    not to laugh, but sounds like they sent you a refurb...you would need to call them and have them release the PIN.

PIN/ID
    ATA

if you had the phone unlocked then you *should* be able to use it on almost all carriers w/o issues.

PIN/ID
    204F05F1

yeah.. god thing i got it for a good price then.. i wouldn't doubt it if it was a refurb, works good.. looks new i guess..

are you familiar with the fido blackberry service at all.. I'm just curious about how much data i will actually need.. i'm not a heavy user, would just like to pin and use the blackberry messenger..

but i keep hearing about issues that fido data for blackberry service is not compressed? i'm not too sure what that means.. maybe 1mb fido != 1mb rogers?

now to call rogers..

thanks for the response.

PIN/ID
    ATA

im not familiar with fido...sorry.
    if there is such a thing as unlimited, and its affordable, i would go that route. you don't want to have to 'keep track' of your data usage and you certainly don't want to go over and be stuck with outrageous bills (there are some serious horror stories on here of people that were misinformed and got huge bills because...)

PIN/ID
    204F05F1

i'm not going to be using it for browsing at all.. just strictly pin.. i was just reading up on other forums about the compression and it seems like it only effects web browsing..

i'm unsure to be trusting other forums right now.. seems like this forum is more specialized to blackberrys.

how accurate is what i said?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you're just PIN messaging you won't use much data. It's basically text and a little overhead. There's not really a good way to track your data usage on the BB itself. If your carrier provides frequent data usage updates that's probably your best bet.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Sorry to be the fun breaker but even if you had it release, it won't work since Fido doesn't support BB and they can provider you a BB data plan
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    204F05F1

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    Sorry to be the fun breaker but even if you had it release, it won't work since Fido doesn't support BB and they can provider you a BB data plan
    thanks all for you input.

i got it working.. blackberry service and all. fido has just recently started supported blackberry connect, which still works off of the blackberry service i'm assuming.

i got my pin released, the reason was correct, it was because the phone was a refurbed.

i tried to register my pin and imei but ran across a problem with bis.na.blackberry.com encountering a problem.

so this was my procedure if anyone needs to know how to connect a blackberry device onto fido.

1) call csr, connect your data plan first, they will let you know that they do not support rim device at this moment but it seems to work anyways. after they have connected the serivce which only offers BIS and not BES, your EDGE should be active and you should receive a message from Blackberry saying your blackberry service has been activated and thanks for choosing fido.

2) now you can successfully go on to the fido.blackberry.com site and register an account.

3) after step 2, it is pretty much self explainatory.

* NOTE * data is not compressed for webbrowsing for fido, so beware. i've read lots of forum stating that Opera mini is the way to go when browsing the net, but still.. don't be one fo the horror stories on pinstack.

also, my understanding is e-mail and pinning go through the blackberry server so, data is compressed for that end, and require no part on fido except for activated data plan connection on your handset.

i hope i am correct on everything that i said, if not.. feel free to correct me.. i am after all new to this and any comments would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

lamsik

marielala no está en línea Stack level 1

hey i just got my blackberry and i don;t know how can i get my blackberry messenger..
    i was wondering if u are with fido canada? im really new at this and i dont know what can i do to make my blackberry messenger works/?

tuteblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A972A9

Quote Originally Posted by marielala View Post
    hey i just got my blackberry and i don;t know how can i get my blackberry messenger..
    i was wondering if u are with fido canada? im really new at this and i dont know what can i do to make my blackberry messenger works/?
    you should post this under the general blackberry threads, you will get a lot more help there....

romeo007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, for the blackberry connect on fido to be active on your handset does it need to say 'EDGE' in capitals on the top right of your blackberry device screen?